Skip to main content

Reply to "The "intent" to throw hard"

quote:
I just get the feeling sometimes that I post information and people want to critique it thinking that is "only" what I teach

The first comment I had was that I was adding a caveat..a stipulation or warning (Addressing your comment) of the need for prep because you just threw the cliche out, as if this was the "simple answer" to how to acheive velocity.
Logically the intent is an essential point, a base ingrediant (So I did/do agree but wished to add to the thought...taking it critically is something you'll have to work on..not everyone is on you)..can't have velocity without it...but it isn't as simple as that. TPM is spot on though...the very fastest my son ever threw..he felt completely effortless..it happens with the young Mr. Kopp and my son..and many many pitchers that I know..so perhaps the more logical road may be to increase the physical totality and work for acheiving the highest levels of EVERY aspect..not just velo. You never addressed my points on the building of "crutch habits" that this sort of "wide open" approach facillitates.