Skip to main content

Reply to "The run was phenomenal, but it's over"

Thanks all.  Things still going well.  Son is finishing up school and is working part time.  He has mentioned several times that it still hasn't hit him, but he seems to be adjusting pretty well.  At first I didn't really want to mention much about baseball thinking it might make him feel sad again.  But we still talk about it.  I follow him on Twitter, and he still retweets baseball related stuff, so I guess he's ok.

I've been reading some of the posts on the College Fall Ball thread and realizing that this is the first fall he hasn't played baseball since he was 7.  I've thought about posting on that thread, but didn't want to be a downer.  It's exciting to see the kid's stories there and I wish all of them the best of luck.

One cool thing is, a kid my son played against is actually on a MLB team!!  There's a bunch he has played with and against that are in MiLB, but this is the first in the MLB.  My son pitched against Dansby Swanson a couple times in HS.  I know our team beat his both times, but I don't remember specifically how Dansby did against him.  Afterall, he wasn't "Dansby Swanson" then.  He was just the SS on the Marietta HS team.  Haha.