Skip to main content

Reply to "Top 3 takeaways from parents who have been there"

3and2Fastball posted:
TPM posted:
ClevelandDad posted:

Coaches do not fly up from southern locations to watch northern high school baseball in the spring.  

Recently FAU coaches went to Indianapolis to watch an event. The HC went to the Northwoods league to watch a juco player from the midwest this summer. 

One SEC team has an on staff paid scout who goes everywhere to watch players.

There is a lot of searching going on everywhere these days.

As he said, coaches do not fly up to northern high schools to watch games in the SPRING.   Except maybe the scout from the one SEC school?

I've certainly never seen a southern school coach at any high school game in Wisconsin, nor have I ever heard of one attending a WI HS game, and I've been attending games for decades.

The Wisconsin kids get seen in the summer, fall and winter at showcases, tournaments and camps.

Ok got it. However, coaches that go north during season will go watch a HS game if they want to see a player. It happens.  

Don't football coaches attend combines?  

The point about the SEC program is that this is a new thing taking place these days. The schools scouts job is to follow every lead.

Don't forget about Jason Berken,  played football but got a Clemson scholarship, Sully had a scout go check him out after PG recommended him.  

There are coaches looking everywhere for players.