Skip to main content

Reply to "Travel Team Tryouts For 2018"

Baseballcomesthird posted:

I am shooting for D1. I have a 3.87 GPA at a top high school in MA. As of now I run a 7.3-7.4 but have not been timed since the winter. My velo from the outfield is in the low to mid 70's and my tee exit velo is 80 mph. I hit and throw lefty. I play for a decent travel team as of now but am looking to join a better team. 

What grade are you?  Those numbers don't project to D1 at this point unless you're maybe a 2019 or 2020 grad.  Exit velo for a D1 kid has got to be 90 minimum and mid 80's outfield velo to start getting D1 looks.  If you're younger, keep working on getting stronger to get closer to those numbers.  Consider teams that you played against that were in your area that were better than your current team.  Do they have a record of getting kids into college baseball?  Most organizations have a website, you can find contact info there.  I see your post was from July 2.  Any luck?  Most teams are holding tryouts for 2018 now...so if you haven't found something yet, you may be out of luck for moving for next summer.