Skip to main content

Reply to "USA Baseball NTIS Tryout"

Catcher-in-the-Rye posted:

I just went through this with my 2021. For our region it was pay $125 to tryout. First Round of the tryout was getting measurable, which was nice except they don't appear to post them they just called them out and he did not pay attention so we still don't have his measurables :-0).

He made the second round at no additional cost and they did a scrimmage at that one. Something like 8 or 10 innings. It was at the local university field so that was special for us.

As others have said he got to meet players from other teams in the area which is an added bonus.

He was asked to go to Cary and the uniform cost is $300 for 2 shirts, a fitted hat, and a special gift.?? I'm still discussing with him on if he should go since $300 seems excessive unless that "special gift" it amazing. Anyone here know what the gift was for players last year? 

Thanks

The $300 is also probably covering the cost for the coaches travel expenses...but who knows.  I wouldn't base your decision on the gift....I'm assuming it's not going to be much lol.  Is your son 15U or 14U?   14U doesn't play in the main complex....15U does.  Your location says NW....so you've got a fairly substantial investment to get there....unless you're looking for a vacation to NC.  As I said early, a trip to NC was nice....and not all that expensive from OH, but unless you know your son has the potential to be seen/recruited by college coaches at this point, I'm not sure it's worth the expense you'll encounter coming from so far away.