Skip to main content

Reply to "Velocity Numbers?"

MNBaseballGuy,

Welcome.  So, my sense is that you are looking for confirmation of your son’s metrics and wondering when is the best time to showcase.  You’ve got that information and he appears to be a talented young man that is ready.   You’re doing all the right things and asking the right questions.  As you and your son take your next steps and see what is available to him, you’re going to be overwhelmed with information, attention, and possibilities.  My best advice is to stay grounded with what your son wants, and listen to his shifting thoughts about college baseball and education.   Many of these young men don’t know what they want and what is possible as a high school sophomore.  My son went through the same thing and his travel team background sounds similar to your son.  As a high junior, my son would only consider college + baseball in-state as all 14 of his travel teammates committed to D1 schools in-state and nearby states.  Attending national showcases and camps opened his eyes (and my eyes) to many other opportunities.  He ended up 8hrs away (3 states) playing D1 baseball and pursuing a major that he was passionate about. 

As you and your son go through this, feel free to ask questions to the HSBBWeb board.   Good luck this season and happy showcasing! 

Last edited by fenwaysouth