Skip to main content

Reply to "Walk-up Songs?"

quote:
Originally posted by Prime9:
quote:
Walk-up songs are cocky, and they can be used against you by the other team if you fail.

td25 ... This will probably surprise you, but Good hitters don't for a second consider failing! And considering them cocky because of their walk-up songs??? ... what's 9 hitters times 30 MLB teams that all play walk-ups?? The songs just might be here to stay. What about "high fives" and "fist pumps", now there is a real demonstration, by your barometer, of what not being humble is all about???

Once a kid makes it to the majors, they earn the right to play a walk-up song, not before. When I played in highschool, I was the fastest kid I played with or against (even led our league in SB). One day I drew 2 tiny lightning bolts on the brim of my cap. Once the coach saw it, he ripped into me, and the whole team was forced to run for it the next 2 hours of practice. That cured me of my cockyness immediately.

Everyone knows they are going to fail at some point, even the good hitters. Baseball is built that way. Why play a cocky walk-up song, and give the other team ammunition against you? It may surprise you, but it also disrespects the other team. Its just stupid in my opinion.
Last edited by td25