Skip to main content

Reply to "What are some good D3 and D2 baseball programs with decent academics?"

Claudette,
DIII has a Sears Cup, similar to DI, for high level athletic performance in multiple sports.
You will find many of the schools at the top of the DIII Sears Cup are also schools with wonderful academics.
Some schools that your son might want to consider that have very good sports and academics at the DIII level include Emory(no football), Millsaps in Jackson, Miss., Rhodes in Memphis, DePauw, and Trinity U, in San Antonio.
I know the coaches at Millsaps and Trinity. You will not find better coaches and people anywhere in college athletics. These men can make a difference for your son, and his college/college baseball experience, in meaningful ways.
I have not met him but have heard wonderful things about the Coach at Rhodes, also.
Your son isn't going to get the Saturday football rush at a small liberal arts school that he will get on Saturday at the Big House in Ann Arbor.
On the other hand, at schools like those I have mentioned, he will be the one competing for a possible conference, regional and national championship as opposed to cheering others who have that dream.
Good Luck to your son. With those grades and scores, he has some great opportunities.