Skip to main content

Reply to "What are some good D3 and D2 baseball programs with decent academics?"

Claudette,
I understand completely what your son is saying and when it comes down to it, the right fit and finding balance is very important, my opinion is that it just can't all be about baseball. My son felt the same way, a very big part of where he ended up also included other NCAA sports that were competitive on a national ranking, not just baseball. Where he attended was in the middle of no where, yet he had a great time, so geography and location are a personal preference. Yes he was lucky to have that opportunity to make choices, but what you are talking about was very important in the choice he made.
No matter where you attend, playing baseball and going to class is very demanding, but no matter what, they find time for social life, attending concerts, making friends outside of baseball, dating, attending other sports and other activities Roll Eyes as well, especially in the fall.
The whole idea is NOT to forget why you are there, to do well in the classroom because without that you can't attend whether you play a sport or not.
This is the time of year when you can go visit and actually get the "feel" for a school during football season. There are plenty of great schools out there that can offer your son great academics, good baseball, and other competitive sports, you just have to take the time to sort it all out and visit those that are serious about him coming.
Last edited by TPM