Skip to main content

Reply to "What Do You Do?"

Funny, when I was a young adult, I was into everything.  No idea how I crammed so much in... baseball, football, basketball, hockey, water ski, snow ski, tennis, racquetball, camping, fishing, golf, motorcycles, lots of adventure trips, you name it (except soccer, of course ).  Kids came along and still managed to stay in touch with much of that, although most energy eventually went to participating in whatever the kids were into.  As the kids grew and started doing their own thing, focus became baseball.  HS coach, occasional showcase coach, instructor, tourney site director, helping youngest with his recruiting efforts, supporting his college playing efforts when possible, following my HS players that advanced, etc.  It became completely consuming.  Still is.  I am close to making a change back in the other direction.  Love what i do but I miss the other things and I owe my wife and grandkids a lot of time.  Need to do it while there is still time and some degree of physical ability to do so. 

Last edited by cabbagedad