Skip to main content

Reply to "What Do You Do?"

BS (before son). 

Goose or duck hunted every weekend day of season.  Deer hunted.  Fished, in-shore and off-shore.  Maintained my boat.  Snow skied.  Camped.  Solo backpacked.  (peak trip was an eight day 110 mile hike through SW Yellowstone).  Shot sporting clays. Played slow pitch softball (sometimes up to 200 games a year).  YMCA basketball leagues, Flag football leagues.  Co-ed volleyball.  Golfed (badly).  Partied with bros.  Stayed out late in clubs looking for women.  (Women of my dreams walked up to my cube at work one too many times, so I married her.)

DS (during son).

Eventually dropped playing sports.  Replaced with coaching baseball and basketball.  Dropped the coaching when he was 12.  Ran a youth basketball league for about five years.  At peak almost 1,000 kids in it.  Sold the off-shore boat about three years ago.  Introduced my son to all the outdoor sports, except backpacking.  But not near the intensity as before.  Son got his license last year, so less transportation duties on my part.  About to get back into fishing, this time fishing back bays, marsh and maybe freshwater lakes with a kayak.  Oh yeah, and watch a lot of baseball.