Skip to main content

Reply to "What has happened to the Illinois Forum?"

James G posted:

CoachB maybe you can give some insight...we are going down to Edwardsville mid March for a PBR Kick-Off event. We play Edwardsville and STL Marquette...one game I believe at Edwardsville HS and the other at Tom Pile fields.  Anybody know how those fields are? Turf I believe? Any good shops or food places we can check out?

Tom Pile Field is Edwardsville's main field.  It is at the HS.  They also have a Turf field that serves as their JV Field.  These fields are separated by a parking lot but in the same complex.   Edwardsville is always really good.  They have a stud on their team that, I believe, is a sophomore this year. Drake Westcott is one of the top players in his graduating year in the nation and is already committed to Louisville.  St. Louis Marquette is also a fine program.  There are food places all over so it would depend upon the type of food you want.  Near the field you will find a Quiznos, McDonalds, Wendy's, and then some better places.  While it can get pricey, the wife and I love Bella Milano.  It is right around the corner from the high school.  Edwardsville is an upscale place so you can find food at any price point you like.  

Side note - As many of you know, for 12 years, I was one of Tom Pile's assistant coaches there.  We won a couple of state championships and had a state runner up.  During that time, one team went 40-0 and another team(s) had a run of 64 wins in a row.  I've spent hours on that mound and filed.   My daughter just agreed to join the Edwardsville High School Softball Coaching Staff.