Skip to main content

Reply to "When Does One See The Writing On The Wall?"

Mine was told to stop playing for about 6 months to allow a small labrum tear to heal, in which time he returned back to Clemson for his degree and was the student assistant for the pitching coach and decided that coaching was what he wanted to pursue.  Being the assistant is a lot easier than being in charge of 15-17 young men but he loves  college baseball, and loves teaching the guys how to compete. It's worked out well for him in 2 short years. I think he is wondering why he didn't do it sooner but 9 years in professional ball gave back a lot to him in relationships that have and will help his career.  He has NO regrets and I guess if he did he wouldn't tell anyone anyway. He has friends still playing, some on the ML team ,some still in the milb system some playing internationally some in independent ball. Many have families to support others have made a lot of money in the game in a short period of time.  Its what they love doing and not ready to hang it up, probably because no one ever told them to stop. 

With that being said, I am curious why you are bringing this up, obviously If he is "projected"  it takes awhile ( first has to be protected on the 40 man than battle for a 25 man roster spot). There is a process in everything and that includes professional ball.

Why not just enjoy these moments and let him take care of business and when and if the time comes he will decide his future.

JMO