Skip to main content

Reply to "When Does One See The Writing On The Wall?"

keewart posted:
Both Keewart and you brought up valid points, thanks.  If you ever talk to your neighbor it would be interesting how his son decided to give it up after bouncing between AAA/MLB.

Fenway noted in his post above "he wasn't resigned by his team."   He had quite a following around these parts.  Thanks for the update, Fenway.

Correct keewart.  He was not re-signed by the MLB team he was previously under contract.  He was offered by the Chicago Cubs and offered by another professional team over in Asia.   He chose the Asian team for many reasons.   

By coincidence, I ran into his Dad last night on a walk.  His son and daughter-in-law love it over there.   From what I'm being told the Spring training expectations are very different, the game is managed & played differently, and the fans are absolutely crazy at regular season games.   He really likes the atmosphere alot.   I'm trying to find out when he is scheduled to pitchs next as I'd like to see a game via Internet if it isn't past my bedtime.