Skip to main content

Reply to "Where's PG?"

Golfman25 posted:
2019Lefty21 posted:

No question the PG model works for the guys like your kid.  They are the top % of players destined for D1.  But what does it do for the average HS kid who'll end up at the local D3 college less than an hour from his house?  Sure the competition, travel, team stories and life experience will all count for something.  But I know several players/families that have spent thousands traveling the country only to go to a small school in their back yard.  I also know a few that never left the "neighborhood" and ended up at the same place. 

I don't know how you define average but on my sons D3 team many of the boys were all-league, all-area and what not...that is not average.

From a PG perspective I would agree many D3 kids could have ended up at the same place without PG - maybe the source of your frustration should be from the travel program that put them there or the parents who allowed them to play on a team that took that route.

From my perspective PG is a luxury company, they have a high end product and it is worth every penny to some people...the problem is the value isn't the same to everyone and those same people don't always realize it until it is purchased and used. Much the same as people who buy an exotic car and complain about the cost of repairs. They probably should have never bought the car.