Skip to main content

My son has signed this past week.  It has been a trying experience over the last two years.  As a junior every top D1 schools from within our state and the adjoining states attended his games.  Things were really looking up.  He had a great season.  Then early signing period came and not a peep out of any of them.  Saw where some of them signed LHP that hit the 90 mark on occasion.  My son works at 86-87.  The couple i know about did not have his command and it was a dissapointment.  Then as the season was about to start several Juco's expressed major interest and after a game several made offers.  My son felt really good.  Then there were the constant text messages and daily phone calls.  A few games into the season his HS coach he could tell it was causing him distress.  Then one of the coaches an schools he like really well showed up at one of his games and handed him a terrific scholorship offer to sign if he wanted to come to his school.  All the other wanted a verbal before they would send the paperwork.  He told him to discuss it with his parents and let him know.  Well after going over every situation that night he signed the next morning.  He is very happy and his performance on the field has been terrific.  His pitching was always good but suffered at the plate.  BA went from .186 to .330 in a matter of 6 games.

Recruiting is a winding road and seldon ends the way you envisioned.  Hope everyone on this rollercoaster has as great and ending as my son.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.