Skip to main content

We have just posted dates & itineraries for the 2015 College Bus Tours. http://www.playinschool.com/bus_tour.html 

In addition to VA & NC Tours we are happy to announce the addition of a South Carolina Tour in 2015!

South Carolina College Bus Tour:  Aug 3 - 6, 2015

North Carolina College Bus Tour:  Aug 3 - 6, 2015   

Virginia College Bus Tour:  Aug 10 - 13, 2015

Remember, the priority of the these trips is research based.  I want kids to have 1st hand knowledge the differences and/or similarities between colleges before getting too deep into the recruiting process.

That being said a ton of recruiting has gotten done as a direct result of our trips both at the D1 level and the D3 level.  

The trips are all Monday to Thursday and will not conflict with weekend showcase or tournaments.

On each tour we will visit between 15 to 20 campuses and be given private tours by the coaching staff of their ACADEMIC & ATHLETIC facilities.  We will run 2 private workouts per trip.  Planned locations for the workouts are as follows...

VA Tour Workouts:  Richmond & VA Tech

NC Tour Workouts:  Wake Forest & Duke

SC Tour Workouts:  South Carolina & Clemson    

Keep in mind these trips are not cattle calls.  35 man maximum.  Which also means the workouts are not cattle calls.  Getting a chance to rub elbows with head coaches then swing the bat or throw a pen 5 feet from them is slightly different than a 300 person camp where you are just another number.

Trip is open to 2016 - 2019 grads.

Who is a good fit?  

Ask your kid this question... Besides baseball and a "good education" what are your Top 5 non negotiables that you are looking for from a college.  If your kid can't give you any answer beyond "baseball & good education" they are a good fit.  

Parents, when you look at the list and you tell me "we play at those schools" my 1st question back to you will be did you see their library?  Or a class room?  Or dorm room?  I already know what most of your answers will be, no, no, no.  Remember, all baseball fields are the same... 90ft home to 1st, 60ft 6in home to mound.  Your sons will spend about 20 hours a day somewhere between his dorm room, cafeteria, class room and library.  

My overwhelming objective is to help kids & their families know what THEY want from a college rather than just going to a school that likes the way they swing the bat.

Most kids will be lucky just to receive a 25% baseball scholarship.  Well, that leaves 75% for the family to figure out.  Thats a huge investment.  Why not put in the research that you would normally do for such a huge investment?  Did you buy the house your realtor liked?  Or the house that was best for YOU?

Full itineraries are online here http://www.playinschool.com/bus_tour.html

I will be running some promotional prices Thanksgiving weekend.  Visit my homepage this Friday to Monday for details www.PlayInSchool.com or check my twitter feed for info those days www.twitter.com/PlayInSchool

Feel free to contact me directly if you have questions or post here.

Rich

PlayInSchool.com

This 3 minute video has some more of my thoughts about the goals & objectives of the tours...

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

FWIW - I strongly urge any student/parent who is considering college baseball and wants quality tours to many colleges (in few days)  in a specific geography to contact Rich at Play in School for the College Bus Tour.  

My youngest son did the VA Tour with Rich this past August as a rising senior.  He was blown away and a complete chatter-box with everything he experienced on the Bus Tour.  The college tours were done by the baseball coaches themselves.  In truth, I wish we did the tour when he was a rising junior as it truly opened his eyes and motivated him to focus on the important things.

Small Business Saturday.

While Play In School doesn't have a brick & mortar shop on your Main St (or any other), we are a small business that is in your community... the baseball community.

If you know a kid on the front end of the recruiting process we'd appreciate you forward the information of the College Bus Tours to them.  As a "Thank you" just for the consideration we are discounting the prices of each tour $150.

Follow my twitter this weekend for lots of photos from last years tours!

www.twitter.com/PlayInSchool 

Thanks!

Rich

www.PlayInSchool.com   <---- Details on discount

We all know the travel baseball world & recruiting process can be expensive.  I know that I am also part of the "machine" so to speak.  But I'm very sensitive to the fact that many parents are breaking their backs to provide for their kids.

So in an effort to offer access to any player of any economic background I am offering 2 ways to offset the cost of our College Bus Tours.

1 - Referral Program - $100 off for every player you refer!  And your friend gets $100 as a "thank you"!

2 - Fundraising Opportunity - We've partnered with an online fundraising company that is the easiest fundraiser I've seen.

Both of these are absolutely optional.

A player that puts some hustle into these two programs should be able to substantially offset their fee!

Our College Bus Tours are a premium service.  We hope that with these creative ideas we have unlocked the entry barrier to include every kid!

Remember, trips are limited to 35 players and are 1st come, 1st serve.

Details of both programs here... www.playinschool.com/refer

Rich

www.PlayInSchool.com/bus_tour

www.twitter.com/PlayInSchool

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.