Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Originally Posted by MJ2000:

Thanks for that DJC.  We are in Tyler and the weather has been so bad recently we have not gotten to see what the kids are using, but I have heard positive comments on the LS and CAT6.  Interesting that people are not talking about the Easton Mako or S Series.

get a bat your son likes, the label means very little. mine loved his S1 for the last 2 years, he demo'ed the new ones, the 5150, voodoo - ended up with a mako this year. the truth, in my opinion, if you take off the label and hit bats in the same class (balanced, end loaded etc) you will find very little difference between quality items.

As far as the composites, my son did like his 1st S1 the most. Felt real light and could generate higher VELO. The new MAKO TORQ felt real odd to him with that rotating handle.. Seems like 2015 MAKO is basically the same as last years model. My son's 2104 model seemed to have lost its pop after about 2 months of constant cage work and HS games. Don't know much about the 2014/15 S1's though.

CAT6 has a little bit of the end loaded feel, but not much. Similar with the 915 Prime LS, but in a composite bat.On the college circuit I see the CAT6 and LS used the most. CAT6 constructed much better than the CAT 5-squared, which my son loved, but it had problems with the handle and end cap.

Bad weather like you said, so been watching lots of D1 games.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.