Skip to main content

Originally Posted by BucsFan:
Originally Posted by NotThatGuy:

Amir McGettrick '16, Jefferson and Mid Atlantic Canes 18U to McGill.

Very cool to hear.  Don't know him at all, but it is a great, great school...that most in U.S. are not aware of.

I know the school. Never thought about them having a baseball team. Looks like they only play a fall season up north. Their schedule indicates that they are currently playing in the CCBA North Finals. I guess that's good. 

Originally Posted by MidAtlanticDad:
Originally Posted by joemktg:

McGrill grad program very strong. Global top 25 university.

McGrill???  Is that part of the McDonald's Hamburger University system?  

LOL.  Other than the obvious lack of attention to detail - typical for a marketing guy - Joe is spot on.  Pains me to say it, but I believe McGill is referred to as the "Harvard of Canada".  So, they've got that going for them.

Midlo Dad posted:

Somehow it got overlooked, but Jackson Rivera, RHP from Prince George and the Virginia Cardinals, committed to --  and is now at -- VMI.

For those familiar with what Jackson had to overcome to get to this point, the Rat Line should be a piece of cake for him!

I think the VMI's Hell Week turned out to be not what Jackson Rivera truly wanted. It has been reported he left VMI before the week ended, along with 20 others.

NotThatGuy posted:

Jake Guy '16, corner infielder, Nandua HS and Evoshield Canes Mid Atlantic 17's to St. Mary's College of Maryland.

Change in head coach and ensuing lack of communication with staff, especially as it pertained to financial aid package offered by school, led Jake Guy to forsake St. Mary's College and enroll at and to play for Bryant and Stratton's new program in Virginia Beach. St. Mary's loss.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.