Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Regardless of who wins the World Series, I think Terry Francona is the best MLB manager in the game today.  Bochy will give him a run for his money, but Francona just has a way about him.  I'd watch his after-game press conferences in Boston for years and I was just amazed with some of his game time moves that seem to work out well.  Players and even fans respond to him well.  Cleveland did well to get him.  JMO.   

I think the dodgers and cubs will dominate the NL the next half decade. the dodgers used to be quite stupid in their spending but with Friedman they now have one of the best GMs.

Friedman currently is balancing both competing and trying to lower the payroll (even with their TV contract 300M was too much) but he has done a good Job shedding some payroll (although they still pay some of them to Play elsewhere) while building a really good farm System.

and the cubs are just the best Team in Baseball an most of their Position Players are still in their early to mid 20s and should be good for many more years.

they have some older pitchers and their farm is not the best regarding pitchers but they have the Money and financial flexibility to replace them if lackey, lester or arrieta should decline or get injured.

Last edited by Dominik85

Theo has said developing pitchers is not a huge priority because it's such a crap shoot.  He would rather have a stocked system and deep pockets to let others develop pitching then take it away in their prime.  But Carl Edwards Jr is a young guy with tons of potential - maybe even closer potential.  I think a phenomenal trade he pulled off was getting Montgomery from Seattle for Vogelbach.  He's going to fit in seamlessly as the number 5 starter next year.  Giving up Vogelbach wasn't a big deal because he's blocked by Rizzo.  Even giving up Torres for Chapman wasn't a devastating loss because he's blocked by Russell and now Baez.  

Cubs are going to be scary good for about next 5 - 7 years easily unless injuries hit them hard.  Agree on Dodgers though being main competition for Cubs.  Never been more excited for MLB in a long time.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.