Skip to main content

imageimageimageimageimage Attended the  White Sox underclass tryouts today along with my son at UIC in Chicago . Was not disappointed at all , about 110 kids , tons of scouts 

The scouts were out ! From what I saw who sat in front of me behind home plate . 

Whitesox Scouts ,Louisville,Tennessee ,ISU,
Arkansas ,Purdue ,Indiana ,Iowa ,Norte dame ,PBR,NIU ,Nebraska ,and UIC
USA Baseball and a lot more o couldn't make out . Who were along the foul lines , here are some pics I took , my son loved it . He had a good tryout , will see what happens  but it was great exposure  , the scouts had their guns out . My son catched and pitched in this one.

the  position players went in the morning session, pitchers and catchers were in the afternoon . 

Attachments

Images (5)
Last edited by c2019
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I remember when my son did this tryout, although he didn't get picked for the team he did say his summer coach received a bunch of calls from college coaches afterwards inquiring about him.  He had already committed at that point though.  Wishing your son good luck on his recruitment and possibilty of making an area code team.

Montanabaseball posted:

My son will be going to the AC tryout the week after next. He is a pitcher. Do they tell you how hard you threw?Is it posted somewhere?

well at the underclass there's  no posting , i was sitting behind the scouts so I saw their radars , and for pop times I asked someone I knew . 

Baseball-Dad posted:

What is the standard timeframe and process for informing kids if they have or have not made the area code teams?

From what I've read and from what people Who have made the team ,1-2 weeks . Also can be a last minute add on if a kid can't make it , and you can also be put on another team besides the one you tried out for of they are in need of you . 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.