Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

c2019 posted:

Are the 2016 WWBA Kernels  STILL ON This WEEKEND? was cancelled last weekend due to weather.

are there lots of coaches at this event ?

Regarding coaches: at the Kernel field there were always a dozen or so, plus a few MLB scouts.  At alternate fields there seem to be 3-4 college coaches at each game.

Typical gig: your son should ask the coaches of his targeted colleges if they'll be there.  

Weather not looking good per the news this morning.

Gov posted:
c2019 posted:

Are the 2016 WWBA Kernels  STILL ON This WEEKEND? was cancelled last weekend due to weather.

Regarding coaches: at the Kernel field there were always a dozen or so, plus a few MLB scouts.  At alternate fields there seem to be 3-4 college coaches at each game.

Typical gig: your son should ask the coaches of his targeted colleges if they'll be there.  

Thx , was just told it's still on and schedules should be out today .

With this being a Midwest event would you only see schools from the Midwest ? May PGstaff could answer better , 

c2019 posted:
Gov posted:
c2019 posted:

With this being a Midwest event would you only see schools from the Midwest ? May PGstaff could answer better , 

Mostly Midwest but a number of outlier colleges - If your son is a 2019, just play hard and enjoy the good competition & experience.  If your son has a big arm on the mound or a huge bat he could get noticed, but he's still young, I wouldn't be concerned about college coaches at this event.  

Gov posted:
c2019 posted:
Gov posted:
c2019 posted:

Mostly Midwest but a number of outlier colleges - If your son is a 2019, just play hard and enjoy the good competition & experience.  If your son has a big arm on the mound or a huge bat he could get noticed, but he's still young, I wouldn't be concerned about college coaches at this event.  

Thx Gov, yes he's a 2019 playing almost all  with 2017s, yes,enjoying the ride. 

Our team withdrew. PG could not guarantee availability of hotel rooms and many players/families had already scheduled around last weekend.  I give PG credit for trying to pull it off and I'm sure it's a major undertaking for their staff.

I'm disappointed for our players and my son. He's been looking forward to this event for 2 years.  

My sons team pulled out but his coach was able to get him an opportunity on another team. Am I misremembering that PG has evaluators at every game?  Naturally he isn't going to get to pitch at the PG field as they are putting their regular guys there.  He's been throwing really well this fall so I'm just hoping he gets a look from someone. Not sure if the coaches that intended on seeing him last weekend are able to make it this weekend. 

LivingtheDream posted:

My sons team pulled out but his coach was able to get him an opportunity on another team. Am I misremembering that PG has evaluators at every game?  Naturally he isn't going to get to pitch at the PG field as they are putting their regular guys there.  He's been throwing really well this fall so I'm just hoping he gets a look from someone. Not sure if the coaches that intended on seeing him last weekend are able to make it this weekend. 

Good for your son and I hope he gets a look. We were originally scheduled at the main field on Friday night so it was going to work out nicely. I wish our organization could have kept us in it. Unfortunately it could be a negative that the weekend change might have lowered the number of coaches in attendance. 

The PG  Kernels was great this weekend , my 2019 had a great weekend at the plate and the dish , there were tons of scouts, especially  at our 1st game at Norway, could've been the team we were playing and almost came out with the upset. PG did a great job we had no issues, and the Veterans park is awesome at night !! great job PG

I should probably update.  He started the first game on Friday night and pitched well.  His velo was not what it has been but it wasn't atrocious.  He was selected to the all tournament team announced today.  He pitched at Cornell on Friday night and I saw one college coach in attendance.  There may have been others that I did not see as quite honestly I am just not that observant.  I tend to tune out what is going on around me when he is playing.  The schools that were interested in watching him the week prior were not there.  Because of his high school's homecoming we drove home on Saturday after their morning game.  That game was at Veterans Park and we did see a handful of scouts.  Not nearly the number that I had expected but I imagine it was a combination of the date change, weather, and teams playing.   Overall, it was worthwhile to have gone. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.