Skip to main content

I'm a long-time HSBW member. Never thought this would happen and timing is miserable, but my son's 2017 regional showcase team just exploded because they:

"had a 'mass defection' of players to another team last minute". And I'm not naming names.

So, he needs a team ASAP. Please PM/dialog if interested.

My son plays catcher on V Hayfield Hawks in NOVA. He's a very experienced catcher and has played on increasingly high-level NOVA travel teams. Worked with John Pinkman off-and-on for years on catching technique. Works with a Lake Braddock-affiliated coach for past 2 years on hitting. He's 5'10" 160 lbs (pretty ripped), bats lefty with good power/slugging, took a weighted ball velocity program last winter, and is fast for a catcher (~7.1/60 speed). Pop-time vicinity of 2.0. Have not measured since last fall and before arm conditioning program. Can also play OF and 1B, but he's a hard core, "can't get enough of catching," kind of catcher.

Getting video of him has been on my list for some time and will become a top priority this week. I should be able to share by early May. Hope a coach or HSBW member can help direct my son to a great team that needs a great catcher.

Last edited by Batty67
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.