Skip to main content

Only 16 days until the 2017 Dynamic Baseball Spring Skills Combine! Don't miss your opportunity to display your skills in front of some of the top baseball schools in the nation! Filling up fast, don't miss out! Register today!
Date: May 21, 2017
12301 Spotswood Furnace Rd, Fredericksburg, VA 22407
Check In: 8:00 AM (Pitchers/Catchers), 9:00 AM (Position players)
Cost: $160 (Single Position or Pitcher only; $169 for PayPal), $210 (Multiple positions/2-way player, $219 for PayPal)

Dynamic Baseball puts on some of the premiere events on the East Coast and has become a favorite among college coaches and professional scouts over the past 9 years due to the talented players that come to our events. Don't miss this opportunity to show off your ability and skills in front of numerous college coaches and professional scouts. Players have the opportunity to RUN THE 60 YARD DASH, take batting practice, field ground balls, have their arm strength tested, catcher pop times, and pitchers will throw a 12-15 pitch bullpen.

----------------------------------------------------

dynamicbaseball.org

dynamicbaseball on twitter

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Initech posted:

Anyone's son attend this? Thinking of having my son go next year. Worth it?

Probably worth it.

My 2017 (graduated) son went in 2015 and 2016. Both times the number of players and coaches were impressive. In 2015 it was outdoors. Crap weather in 2016 forced it to be held at an indoor facility that was another 45 minutes south of us, so that  was not appreciated on our end (but for folks farther south, a good thing). And while adequate for the players, for the parents it was beyond wall-to-wall. In fact, I left for a local museum.

Well-organized in general and, naturally, the 2015 experience was much better in general because of space. But you cannot control the weather.

I'd say the MAIN plus is it is a good way to get solid METRICS for your son, especially if you don't have any or would like to improve. Also, unless your son is spectacular, no need to go until a junior. Plenty of coaches on-hand, but unless your so is clearly in the top 5-10%, your son will get lost in the crowd unless he lights up the radar gun or hit lots of bombs, or is super fast. That's just a factor of the numbers. If he does well across multiple categories, once metrics are posted, he might get contacted. Of course, he can supply a link to coaches he contacts or that reach out.

Good luck!

FFXfireman posted:

My 2018 RHP attended in 2016 and it was easily the highest attended showcase/combine by colleges that my son has attended.  Definitely worth the money.

No sooner than we left the facility and the travel coach called him to say he had calls to return from colleges.

Good addition. For pitchers, one could argue being indoors (due to the weather) with the coaches literally on top of each other, maybe was a good thing. For position players, definitely not so much...

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.