Skip to main content

Just like to say that my son DJ(2015) committed today to play for Trinity Christian College(NAIA) in Palos Heights ,IL. Our family is proud of him and I am grateful to have 4 more yrs of watching him play ball.After that,unless the improbable happens,since he has two older sisters,my first grandkids better not be far behind !!!!! Dont know what I will do will all this down time,LOL.

Vikingboy

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Originally Posted by vikingboy:

Just like to say that my son DJ(2015) committed today to play for Trinity Christian College(NAIA) in Palos Heights ,IL. Our family is proud of him and I am grateful to have 4 more yrs of watching him play ball.After that,unless the improbable happens,since he has two older sisters,my first grandkids better not be far behind !!!!! Dont know what I will do will all this down time,LOL.

Vikingboy

Congratulations to you and your son!

Thanks Soylent,
It's amazing how the time flies when your watching them in little league to the time when they could probably pin you in about 30 seconds,lol. When you look at the stats, it's amazing how few kids go on to play college ball compared to playing high school ball.The hard work pays off
Originally Posted by Soylent Green:

Congratulations to your son and your family VB... Great stuff!!

Thanks standballdad,
You hate to see it end and dont realize how time flies from little league thru middle school and high school
                     Vikingboy
Originally Posted by standballdad:

Vikingboy

Congratulations to you and your son!

Congratulations and enjoy every moment...grandkids are awesome but...from experience create a culture shock moment ...Yes...I can see it now...you finish your sons final season of college where you are amazed at the high level of play and strategy...

The next year you take your folding chair to the field and watch 5 year olds missing balls on the tee and when contact is made the ensuing charge of the entire infield to the ball looks more like hungry lions attacking a wounded gazelle that players playing baseball...coaches yelling "Keep your elbow up" and "follow through" and my favorite "No your other hand goes on top" as bewildered children look as if Greek has been spoken to them...it is a wonderful time!!!  Best to you, your children and your future grandchildren!!

Last edited by MDBallDad

Vikingboy

Congratulations to DJ and you Viking Boy. Nice that you will be able to see him play. Know the area; not too far from where we lived for 12 years (La Grange).

Awesome News! Congratulations to your son!

Enjoy as many games as you can, the years will fly by and you will want to do it all over, We probably enjoyed watching our son play in College more than anywhere else since we were able to attend virtually every game. Do all you can to visit often, it will be a sad day when it comes to an end!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.