Skip to main content

Carter Jones 2017 MIF, Muskingum University

My son was cut his sophomore and junior year of high school but stuck with it working with his summer coach and now will be starting at 2nd base for his senior year in high school and then on to Muskingum. I have read a ton of good advice on here especially dealing with those 2 years of disappoint for him.

Dylan Schneider

Soph Pitcher at UT Arlington.  36+ innings last year 2.70 ERA / 32K / 12BB / 0 HR

37-3 in high school with sub 1.00 ERA and 300+ K's w/ 32BB

Cooper Schneider (5'8" 145) CF/3rd/2nd in order of preference, but as he says my position is "hitter". 

13U playing for Dallas Mustangs 13U-White.  Will be playing 14U schedule this year.

sunwalkingvalley posted:

Tyler Vandemark 2017 OF/Utility  5'11" 180  Gregori HS Modesto CA.  Recently committed to be a Willamette University Bearcat in Salem, Oregon.

Congrats!  We toured Willamette a couple years back with our 2017 -  great school, beautiful campus. I see that the Bearcats are making a trip south this spring.  If they keep that up our boys will be playing against each other before long.

smokeminside posted:

Congrats, Sun Walking!  Great conference and great school (and that's coming from a Whitman alum!)

Thanks Smoke, we thought he might end up in the NESCAC at Wesleyan where a lot of other sons are being recruited.  That was oh so close but didnt work out.  He spent a weekend at Willamette and loved it.  He was offered at Trinity Texas, and thought he would be a tiger.  He visited SA Texas and realized how much he loved Willamette even though Trinity has an awesome baseball program and coaching staff, he ultimately picked the school that he would love if baseball was taken out of the picture.  We are very excited.  They are a very young team with some talent that should grow together in the next few years.

Thanks to all of the parents/players who have helped my son by sharing their knowledge and experiences! Luke La Flam, 2018 RHP/OF, Grandview High School, Uncommitted

My son has always struggled with command and has never been on anyone's radar despite having a strong arm (hit 88 at PBR event in Feb). Thanks to working with Lantz Wheeler (thanks also go out to Jason Hirsch and current HS pitching coach), he has made one of the most dramatic mid-season turnarounds that I could have ever imagined possible. His command and confidence right now are at an all-time high. He is excited to attend a couple of showcases this summer and show that he can hit that magical 90MPH number with command! 

Thanks again to all of you who take the time to share your knowledge and experience!!!!

Last edited by coachld

Some amazing stats on here.  Families that breed athletes!  So one family had 4 pitchers go to good schools.  Amazing.

I like this thread so I am going to toss my kid on here!

Tristan Ament  Class of 2020

Catcher/LF-  Currently hitting .600 for Travel and .333 for JV ball.  Looking forward to some of our first PG events and some showcasing.

Congrats!  I have a son at UCSB as well.  He started in engineering, decided that wasn't his passion, took a year off to travel the world and now he's back as an Econ major. 

He did have one friend who played and enjoyed club baseball at UCSB so maybe that's worth looking at?  The surf club is also pretty cool.

JCG posted:

Congrats!  I have a son at UCSB as well.  He started in engineering, decided that wasn't his passion, took a year off to travel the world and now he's back as an Econ major. 

He did have one friend who played and enjoyed club baseball at UCSB so maybe that's worth looking at?  The surf club is also pretty cool.

I second this... had a kid from our program join the UCSB club team and LOVED it.  They played in a lot of nice places, too.  FAR less time commitment, I'm guessing could be done as an engineering major.

Last edited by cabbagedad

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.