Skip to main content

Connie Mack Reg Qualifier- Fort Worth Bracket (aabctexas.com bracket)

Teams:

Dallas Yankees
DBat Mustangs Dow
Dallas Angels
Burkburnett Blacksox
Dallas Patriots 18
Houston Huricanes
Frozen Ropes Florence
Dallas D'Backs Sander
Dallas D'Backs Pelfrey
Dallas Giants
Houston Raiders
Dallas Patriots 17
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Dallas Yankees 17u

# Name
1 Adrian Houser
3 Phillip Wilson
4 David Bloodworth
5 Dustin Spigelmyer
6 Chad Nack
8 Tyler Eager
10 Matt Dean
11 Jarrard Poteete
12 Jordan Foley
13 Layne Covey
14 Sam Martin
18 Billy Waltrip
20 Justin Steelmon
21 Tyrone Wiggins, Jr.
22 Cody King
23 Mark McCants
24 Skyler Ewing
29 Hudson Bird
31 Tommy Prosch
33 Cole Parrish
75 Tanner Allgood

Dallas Patriots 18u

# Name
34 Cody Alsup
23 Austin Blunt
25 Colby Cottongame
3 Wesley Cox
30 JD Deloach
22 Brent Fletcher
4 Zach Good
33 Evan Green
14 Charles Grogan
11 Ryan Gros
9 Trevor Holland
17 Dylan Inkman
10 Blake Oliver
7 Jaime Paxton
12 Nick Salois
13 Colby Suggs
31 Blaine Taylor
21 Armando Villa
8 Jarrett Zmolik
Last edited by 60ft_6inches
Being a Tiger fan, my favorite team is anybody who plays D-bat. But even though I will be cheering for them, the Yankees wont win game 1. They would be very hard pressed to get to the title game with the Patriots, or anybody for that matter, after losing the first game.

Bundy is as close as a sure win as there is in 18 year old wood bat games. I am feeling pretty certain the bullpen man will start his big gun in game 1 against a quality opponent.

dfw, I know the Pats 17 are good but if they are "much" better than the Yanks, why didn't they sweep them earlier in their DH? Pats 18 can beat anybody with Suggs on the mound.
quote:
Originally posted by Wonder Boy:
Being a Tiger fan, my favorite team is anybody who plays D-bat. But even though I will be cheering for them, the Yankees wont win game 1. They would be very hard pressed to get to the title game with the Patriots, or anybody for that matter, after losing the first game.

Bundy is as close as a sure win as there is in 18 year old wood bat games. I am feeling pretty certain the bullpen man will start his big gun in game 1 against a quality opponent.

dfw, I know the Pats 17 are good but if they are "much" better than the Yanks, why didn't they sweep them earlier in their DH? Pats 18 can beat anybody with Suggs on the mound.

I thought Bundy was playing for Guthrie? Is DBat-Dow Guthries team?
Last edited by HRKB
Dow = Guthrie

Congrats to the Yanks they made a liar out of me.

My prediction is...... a team dominated with 2010s rather than 2011s will go to Series.

The scouts at the Dbacks Rope game probably wanted to see the cf and ss from the Dbacks and the pitchers from the Rope team. They had 3 of only 4 or 5 guys to legitimately throw 90+ at area code tryouts. Judging from the score, I guess they didn't throw too well or the Dbacks offense is unstoppable. Or a combo of both.
a lot of kids from Okla ...

From their website:
2009 Record: 51-11-1

2009 Championships: Perfect Game BCS 16U National Champions; Battle of Omaha Champions (17U); USSSA 16U Elite 3rd Place; Pastime Tournaments OSU Showcase Runners Up

2009 Rankings: Ranked by Perfect Game Crosschecker as #2 16U Team in the Country

2009 Notable Tournaments: USA Baseball 16U Championships, Peoria, AZ - #1 seed (72 teams) after pool play - finished in top 16; Perfect Game WWBA 16U World Championships - #1 seed (192 teams) after pool play - finished in top 8; Triple Play Sports Kick Off Tournament, Dallas, TX; Premier Baseball Terry Morris Classic, Burkburnett, Tx; Arlington A's Showcase Tournament, Arlington/Ft. Worth; Auburn University Showcase Tournament, Auburn, AL; Texas Tech University Showcase Tournament, Lubbock, TX; Pastime Tournaments OSU Showcase - Runners Up; Battle of Omaha - Champions
quote:
Originally posted by HaltomScout:
a lot of kids from Okla ...

From their website:
2009 Record: 51-11-1

2009 Championships: Perfect Game BCS 16U National Champions; Battle of Omaha Champions (17U); USSSA 16U Elite 3rd Place; Pastime Tournaments OSU Showcase Runners Up

2009 Rankings: Ranked by Perfect Game Crosschecker as #2 16U Team in the Country

2009 Notable Tournaments: USA Baseball 16U Championships, Peoria, AZ - #1 seed (72 teams) after pool play - finished in top 16; Perfect Game WWBA 16U World Championships - #1 seed (192 teams) after pool play - finished in top 8; Triple Play Sports Kick Off Tournament, Dallas, TX; Premier Baseball Terry Morris Classic, Burkburnett, Tx; Arlington A's Showcase Tournament, Arlington/Ft. Worth; Auburn University Showcase Tournament, Auburn, AL; Texas Tech University Showcase Tournament, Lubbock, TX; Pastime Tournaments OSU Showcase - Runners Up; Battle of Omaha - Champions

Haltom, You forgot to mention 2008 USA Baseball 16U National Championships Bronze Medal Winner. As a pure 15U team they took home the Bronze in 2008 beating 7 of the top 12 seeds in the tournament.
quote:
Originally posted by Chief Nocahoma:
Sorry HRKB but the CM Regional Qualifier does not qualify a team for Farmington. Frown

BTW HRKB this was your last prediction

"Three very good 17U teams are in this tourney...Pats 17U, Yankees, & DBACKS Sanders. I predict they knock most if not all 18U teams out."

Chief, You are correct! My prediction on this site was that "one of the 17U teams would knock out most if not all 18U teams"...I guess my prediction was right!

Although at the time I thought that the 17U Pats were Stouts and they would help the 17U cause...even though I discovered Stout was not in it I still stood by my prediction.

You will not find a coach who can do a better coaching job then Thom Bloodworth! With him coaching you can't ever count out the Yanks!
quote:
Originally posted by DBATdad16:
He brings out two baseball's so his son can show off his rocket arm strength. What the scouts admire most is his wallet because one day it might buy them a new scoreboard er somethin!

What does this mean - "He brings two baseball's so his son can show off his rocket arm strengh." Does he throw one over the CF fence then the other one to the catcher?

And why does a scout want a new scoreboard? I don't get it. Have you been drinkin?
quote:
Originally posted by HaltomScout:
How many teams compete in the Regional?

Anywhere from 8-12.

Teams already qualified...

DBAT Mustangs Carpenter (host)
Dallas Yankees (Regional Qualifier winner)
Cherry Creek (Regional Qualifier winner)

Teams that will qualify - winner of...

BBI State Tournament

Lone State State Tournament

Houston State Tournement

and more...don't know if Ft. Worth has a league. Usually an Austin state tournament winner.

Teams that I would assume you will see...

ABA out of New Mexico

A Louisiana team. Used to be Bill Hood but I hear they are defunct. Don't know if you will see Marucci there or not this year.

Sometimes you will see a Kansas, Missouri, or Oklahoma team but it's rare.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.