Skip to main content

HP Scots 14U Majors will be holding Fall tryouts on Sat. 8/14 from 3 pm – 6 pm at the Highland Park HS baseball field (Scotland Yard), which is located at 7015 Westchester Drive. The field is approximately ½ mile east of the Tollway on Lover’s Lane at Westchester. The team will be comprised primarily of players within HPISD and secondarily from players outside HPISD. The team will play four Majors tournaments in the Fall, along with two to three mid-week doubleheaders. All practices and the doubleheaders will be played at Scotland Yard. In the Spring/Summer, the team will play in approximately 12 Majors tournaments in the Metroplex area and other surrounding states, as well as some games at Scotland Yard.

Barry Hoffpauir is the head coach of this team. Coach Hoffpauir was an All-American shortstop at Texas Tech, and has over 30 years of head coaching experience in Texas at the high school, junior college, and select baseball level. Coach Hoffpauir will be emphasizing the drills, physical skills, work ethic, and mental preparation necessary for this group of players to be successful upon entering high school.

If your son is interested in attending the open tryout, please download a tryout form, which is available in the Forms/Documents section of the team website. You can either email the form back, or bring it with you to the tryout session. There is no cost associated with the tryout. Thank you.

www.hpscots2015.com
hpscots2015@gmail.com
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Luvtxball--- I had some inital thoughts/concerns; and perhaps should have kept my mouth shut but sometimes I can't help myself despite the best of intentions Smile

I've spoken with Scotsbaseball and now have a better sense for their reasoning and their plan. They seem to have a game plan that makes sense at various levels and I wish them the best of luck. Being a big supporter of HP baseball, I'm behind anything and everything that will make the boys better players and the program more competitive.
Thank you for sharing the feedback about Coach Hoffpauir. He seems to have an open, direct, candid communication approach, and works to help each player realize his full potential, employing a style that works for his players. We feel fortunate to have him as the coach of this team. Whether from within the area or not, the players that play for him on this team will benefit from the experience. There are many good coaches and options in the DFW area, and everyone has their own opinion about what makes a great coach; just wish there were more like Barry.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.