Skip to main content

Rob T posted:
Ja'Crispy posted:
TPM posted:
Ja'Crispy posted:

Tebow = White Christian Male = 50% (I'm not sure it's not more now) of the people in this country think he is everything that is wrong

That is not a fair statement and totally inappropriate for this site.

Completely fair. It's what drives his mocking coverage on MSESPN and the other media.

I didn't know Alex Jones posted here! 

I don't know who that is, but I'm guessing that is your way of telling me they only cover him like that because he had a weird throwing motion as a qb. There is not a political slant to how people root against Tebow at all?

I think the religious stuff with Tebow is WAY overblown.  I personally didn't like him because I am a Georgia Bulldogs Fan, and he always smoked us.  The other reason was because he's not a very good QB, but ESPN/Media kept shoving him down my throat.  All of the Tebow lovers making excuses for why he's not in the NFL, and that he got hosed, etc.

Now, I don't really care about that.  I think it is kind of cool he's giving it a run.  He's obviously worked very hard, so I am hoping he gets a shot.

rynoattack posted:

I think the religious stuff with Tebow is WAY overblown.  I personally didn't like him because I am a Georgia Bulldogs Fan, and he always smoked us.  The other reason was because he's not a very good QB, but ESPN/Media kept shoving him down my throat.  All of the Tebow lovers making excuses for why he's not in the NFL, and that he got hosed, etc.

Now, I don't really care about that.  I think it is kind of cool he's giving it a run.  He's obviously worked very hard, so I am hoping he gets a shot.

I was with you all the way up to your last paragraph 

The rage against Tim Tebow revolves around his personal religious views. Simple as that. They make some people uncomfortable.

Not at all. I’m tired of the people who raged on be was an awesome NFL QB who got screwed because he’s religious. They didn't stop when I pointed out all the other employed, religious NFL players like All Pro, future Hall of Famer Alan Rogers. 

Away from this board of baseball intelligent people there are plenty who believe Tebow is a legitmate MLB prospect. I can’t wait for him to fail so he disappears and the BS ends.

It’s not hard fo predict Tebow will eventually be the next Fred Astaire with his worshippers when he contracts to do Dancing With The Stars. 

Last edited by RJM
RJM posted:

Is a 6’3” 245 pound 30 yo who hits the ball the other way 46% of the time when he hits the ball any kind of a prospect? He strikes out 42% of the time against AA pitching. 

AAA pitchers have been up or will be up in the majors. They would overwhelm Tebow. 

Strike outs don't matter anymore...you need to check the spreadsheet.

old_school posted:
RJM posted:

Is a 6’3” 245 pound 30 yo who hits the ball the other way 46% of the time when he hits the ball any kind of a prospect? He strikes out 42% of the time against AA pitching. 

AAA pitchers have been up or will be up in the majors. They would overwhelm Tebow. 

Strike outs don't matter anymore...you need to check the spreadsheet.

Striking out in almost half your at bats in AA matters.

rynoattack posted:

I am surprised at how well he has done.  I don't think he should make it to MLB, although it wouldn't shock me if they bring him up to sell tickets, but I am impressed with what he has done.

Tebow has a $10 minor league ticket freak show value. I don’t believe he has a MLB ticket price curiosity value.

I would rather see the potential stars of tomorrow at a minor league game. I remember going to a Wilmington Blue Rocks (A ball) game several years ago. I was very impressed by the first baseman. It was Eric Hosmer. He was easy to identify as the top prospect on the field. 

Last edited by RJM

As a Met fan I saw the writing on the wall when they signed him that if he was marginally viable as a player they might bring him up.  I think that is where this is going.

We've had about two months of good baseball in 10 years and nearly stole a World Series with it.  If this season continues down the path it is on the Mets may very well tip the World Series if they move deGrom or Syndergaard in July.  That sets the stage for a 100 loss season and for Mr. Tebow to come to New York in September.  If it hasn't happened already it would put to rest the idea there are two MLB organizations in NY once and for all. 

I am praying for a Chapman type deal but expect it to be more like Seaver. 

Tebow making the all star team makes sense. < sarcasm

He’s 33rd in the league in hitting. He’s 55th in homers. He’s 37th in slugging. He’s 35th in OPS. He’s 34th in OBP. Maybe he made the team on his gold glove left field play. Since Tebow is an opposite field singles hitter maybe it’s his 0 stolen baes that got him on the team.

He hasn’t played like an all star. He hasn’t played like a MLB prospect. Someone more deserving got screwed. But he’s probably happy to have a few days off. 

i’d say it’s a publicity stunt, joke, desperate attempt to sell tickets.

Last edited by RJM

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.