Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

My 2016 son has one. He got it about 3 months ago. He loves it. He has always played with $200.00 to $300 Rawlings. When I ordered it, I ordered a modified trapeze but it came a basket web. Called the company and great service. They gave him that glove for free and made him a new one and had it shipped to me in about 10 days instead of 4 weeks. I would buy again for sure.

Originally Posted by PitcherOnlyDad:

Does anyones son use these or know of someone that has these type of Glvoes?  Son is very interested and I was just wondering how good of a Glove they are compared to a Wilson or Rawlings that we have used in the Past.  Thanks and Happy Holidays!

My son loves his.  He said it broke in easily.  He was using a Pro Preferred, but now uses the 44 exclusively.  His younger brother was very happy to receive the Pro Preferred hand-me-down!

My two oldest use them.  Only one issue, there was a dye issue with the lacing and piping on a glove.  44 told him to send it back and they would completely redo the glove. So, good customer service so far.  They have the glove now.  We'll see how it turns out in a cpl of weeks.   Other than that, they both really like their gloves.  Solid construction.

I saw an example a couple of years ago.  I believe they were made in Mexico.  A father brought it to the facility to show some folks who were curious and I had a look at it myself.  The quality was really shoddy.  The custom name was crooked and mis-formed.  Glove wasn't put together very well at all.  The father said he had all sorts of problems with the company after he returned it.  It's the only example of one I've seen around here so can't say if that was just a bad example or typical.  It was enough to turn off everyone who saw it though.  Especially after hearing what he went through after sending it back.

MidAtlanticDad posted:

Anyone have any recent experience with these gloves? From videos and pictures, they look similar to an A2000 in quality to me. At $185 for kip leather, I'm going to assume that they're made in Asia, but I can't find any documentation on that.

Bought my brother a 1st baseman's mitt from 44 Pro last fall and he loves it. Did a lot of research before I got it, just to make sure it was a worthy investment. Biggest negative comment I saw on their Signature Series gloves were the laces were poor quality. BBB gave the company a overall score of A-. So far we have had no problems.

My son got one this past Spring - he had problems with the laces almost immediately.  He ended up having to take laces out of another glove temporarily and rework the webbing as that's where the laces were the worst. He contacted the company who said they'd send him a reimbursement check for "real" lace repair - it took a couple of reminders but he eventually got it.  I know he likes the glove and hasn't had problems with it since, but to have problems so soon was a bit "concerning" to me. Also, I would think a glove is something you'd want to put "your mitts" on before purchasing... 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.