Skip to main content

Does anyone have a good place to find NOVA standings?  The Post is partial and wrong, which is worse than not having them up at all.  I have Westfield & Oakton on top in Concorde5, Woodson outta the gate well in 7, Battlefield in 8, and Liberty6  as:

<colgroup><col width="100" /><col width="176" /><col width="170" /><col width="199" /></colgroup>
Madison5-15-1 
South Lakes3-23-2 
Langley3-33-4L 6-1 Herndon
Fairfax2-22-2 
Hayfield2-23-2W 10-0 Lee
Mclean2-22-4L Chantilly 5-3, L Centreville 10-8
W&L2-43-4W 6-4 Edison
Yorktown1-42-4W 10-5 Wakefield

Hayfield and Fairfax better than expected, Langley a puzzle.  Losing 22-0?  In 5?.  That is hard to do if you are trying, which they really didn't appear to be after going down 11-0 in the 2nd.  

joemktg posted:
JMU_2016 posted:

Madison torched Langley tonight 22-0

Were you there?

I was until the top of the 4th when it was 15-0. Madison was hitting the cover off the ball the whole night. Joey Goldsmith hit a double off the right field wall in the first and hit a 3 run homer later on that was one of the hardest hit balls I've seen. 

JMU_2016 posted:

Madison over Oakton 6-3

Report I received: Madison, as usual, peppered to OF fence with line drives. Also told that the SP for Madison is a new player from JV. OHS rotated pitchers throughout the game.

Guessing that this out of conference game impacted pitching decisions. Of course, with the realignment next year, this will be resolved. 

joemktg posted:
JMU_2016 posted:

Madison over Oakton 6-3

Report I received: Madison, as usual, peppered to OF fence with line drives. Also told that the SP for Madison is a new player from JV. OHS rotated pitchers throughout the game.

Guessing that this out of conference game impacted pitching decisions. Of course, with the realignment next year, this will be resolved. 

Howat was one of their better JV pitchers last year, and he has continued to develop--would love to see a Richards v. Howat game, and likely will see a few in the next couple of years.  Should be great games.  Howat on the bump in a rivalry game does make the point that the coaching staff at Madison deserves credit for developing players AND putting the best team on the field.  You would think that the talented sophomore lefty on the bump would have been the son of the head coach--and if it had been he would have done just fine.  But it wasn't--Howat is a bit better in the staff's eyes right now.  And at catcher, Madison has a light hitting senior--it has to be tempting to put the assistant coach's son back there--but they haven't.  Parent's often gripe about playing time and favoritism--but both of those coach's kids could play well at the varsity level and are not.  The Madison coaches are quality men and quality coaches, and while I have heard unfounded complaints from parents in the past, I had no doubt that they would do right by their players.   You have to know that the "dad" in them wants their sons out there, but they are doing what is best for their team anyway.  I hope the parents and others involved with the program recognize and give credit to the Madison coaches for playing it the right way.    

They do have one coach's kid playing--would love to hear someone complain about him!  

Patriot scratched out 3 runs against Kyle Whitten and Osbourn Park to force extra innings, then scored 3 in the 10th for the 6-3 win.  Chantilly whacked Robinson 12-4 with freshman catcher Shane Dux 3/3  with 2x2b and a 3B for 3rbi.  Westfield escaped Herndon 1-0.  Westfield only had 3 hits off AC  Boynton, but 2 came in the decisive 3rd inning.  Herndon had 6 hits, including 4 doubles, but ran out of some innings and could not score all night.   South County showed up and Klioze/Buzbee shut Lake Braddock out 3-0.   Madison kept rolling with Nielsen CG in 5-1 win over Mclean.  Madison executed small ball to tack on 2 runs, and played a good deal of depth players.    West Springfield beat Woodson 2-0.  Hayfield 4-2 over South Lakes.  Freshman pitcher Gleason for Hayfield had plus stuff in CG win, hopefully the rest of his game will mature.  Dickinson dropped a bomb.  Fairfax 6-2 over Yorktown with Fairfax's top 4 batters collecting 8 hits.  Langley 5-4 over Yorktown, Timmy Conforti HR.   Battlefield jumped to a 9-1 lead, but a game Osbourn team fought back to make it 11-10 after 5....Battlefield held on to win 13-10 with Agnos getting the save.  Oakton snuffed out Centreville 7-1, with Lamon/Good combining for a 2 hitter.       

Rough Diamond posted:
Rough Diamond posted:

Chantilly at Oakton on Friday.

Good game as Chantilly kept it 1-0 until Oakton broke out in the bottom 6th to win 5-1. Oakton has a very balanced team.

Really haven't found themselves yet. Lost today vs. Woodson, although they scored the tying run in the top of the 7th and had multiple opportunities to make hay thereafter. They'll be tested against WHS and Herndon.

This district is always something, and with Madison joining next year it may turn out to the most competitive in the Commonwealth.

joemktg posted:
Rough Diamond posted:
Rough Diamond posted:

Chantilly at Oakton on Friday.

Good game as Chantilly kept it 1-0 until Oakton broke out in the bottom 6th to win 5-1. Oakton has a very balanced team.

Really haven't found themselves yet. Lost today vs. Woodson, although they scored the tying run in the top of the 7th and had multiple opportunities to make hay thereafter. They'll be tested against WHS and Herndon.

This district is always something, and with Madison joining next year it may turn out to the most competitive in the Commonwealth.

Indeed, Madison will shakeup the conference and force the others to pick up the pace to keep up with them. Right now, Oakton, Westfield and Robinson are in position to compete. Chantilly has the right personnel for pitching and defense but need the bats to catchup before we can make a run.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.