Skip to main content

Need some help. I have pain sometimes, well most of the times, in the areas that are marked in red. This is while i an playing and throwing a baseball. I am a catcher. I mostly have pain in the elbow most of the time if it hurts. Sometimes it hurts in the shoulder. Or sometimes both. What should I do? Please help and let me know if you know.

Attachments

Images (4)
  • 4e1f70bd44234379b9772646d194a694
  • 14de6a35e36c488e85470f65d4b07e8f
  • 31f490a3c52d466e90e3d104e8019ab8
  • 5817338ac1bf4212bba08ab294db86b0
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

You definitely should seek medical attention.  Do you have a trainer at school?  At kids school they would get you evaluated by tye trainer first, then if necessary send you to the ortho.  

On the positive side, since you have pain in several locations it would seem like general irritation and inflammation.  Not some thing catastrophic like ucl tear.   Get it checked out and let the pros guide you.  Good luck.  

Wesley,

From following your posts, I know that you've been extremely dedicated and worked hard to earn an opportunity to play at the next level.  You REALLY need to follow the advice given, even if it means that you need to rest (best case) and miss some or all of this season.

This pain is significant enough to cause you concern.  If it's simply inflammation and not an injury, you run the risk of injury by compensating with improper mechanics or simply the fatigue.  If it is injury, then you are in the high risk area of going from bad to worse and potentially ending your career instead of just your season.  You don't want to risk what you've worked so hard to achieve to this point and potentially not even make it to the next level.

Seek professional, medical advice and get this checked out as soon as you can.  You owe it to yourself.

Best of luck and keep us posted.  You have a lot of us rooting for you here.

Nuke83 posted:

Wesley,

From following your posts, I know that you've been extremely dedicated and worked hard to earn an opportunity to play at the next level.  You REALLY need to follow the advice given, even if it means that you need to rest (best case) and miss some or all of this season.

This pain is significant enough to cause you concern.  If it's simply inflammation and not an injury, you run the risk of injury by compensating with improper mechanics or simply the fatigue.  If it is injury, then you are in the high risk area of going from bad to worse and potentially ending your career instead of just your season.  You don't want to risk what you've worked so hard to achieve to this point and potentially not even make it to the next level.

Seek professional, medical advice and get this checked out as soon as you can.  You owe it to yourself.

Best of luck and keep us posted.  You have a lot of us rooting for you here.

good news today, had a game. we won 11 to 10 and I did not have any arm pain today. It felt fine. I made sure to warm up well and I made sure to use my legs more and get back and use my whole body. Will let you all updated.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.