Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

You can't just randomly try out for travel teams. What is your level of ability to play at the next level,according to objective baseball people?  D1? D2? D3? How are your grades? What are your SAT scores? You need to target a program that gets you in front of the right coaches.

What is your sixty time? What is your thhrowing velocity across the infield? From the outfield? What is your bat speed? What is the exit velocity of a batted ball?

If you answer these questions it may be easier for poster's to help you.

Baseballcomesthird posted:

I am shooting for D1. I have a 3.87 GPA at a top high school in MA. As of now I run a 7.3-7.4 but have not been timed since the winter. My velo from the outfield is in the low to mid 70's and my tee exit velo is 80 mph. I hit and throw lefty. I play for a decent travel team as of now but am looking to join a better team. 

What grade are you?  Those numbers don't project to D1 at this point unless you're maybe a 2019 or 2020 grad.  Exit velo for a D1 kid has got to be 90 minimum and mid 80's outfield velo to start getting D1 looks.  If you're younger, keep working on getting stronger to get closer to those numbers.  Consider teams that you played against that were in your area that were better than your current team.  Do they have a record of getting kids into college baseball?  Most organizations have a website, you can find contact info there.  I see your post was from July 2.  Any luck?  Most teams are holding tryouts for 2018 now...so if you haven't found something yet, you may be out of luck for moving for next summer.

Tryout Update: 

I made one of the elite travel teams in New England. The travel schedule is great with a lot of PG tournaments. The track record of alumni is also very respectable. Thank you all for your input and help!

Congrats!   That is fantastic.   If you get a chance please let us know how everything is going over the next few years and please don't hesitate to ask more questions if you need any more help

Tryout Update: 

I made one of the elite travel teams in New England. The travel schedule is great with a lot of PG tournaments. The track record of alumni is also very respectable. Thank you all for your input and help!

Congrats!  Now along with the baseball, workout to get stronger, faster and more athletic.  And you will get more from the workouts if you eat right.  Keep the grades up.  Start looking towards the ACT/SAT.  These are just as important as the baseball.

Study up!  You are your own best coach.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.