Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

My son missed playing on it by a couple years but I've got to think Defiance (OH) HS has to be one of the best....4 field complex, MLB quality lighting, turf fields for varsity baseball and softball and dirt for JV for each.  Huge indoor hitting/fielding facility funded in part by MLB guys Chad Billingsley and John Niese (Defiance HS grads).  The pic was before it was done....the grass fields don't look like that in season

Attachments

Images (1)
  • defiance
Last edited by Buckeye 2015

St. Louis University High School Sheridan Stadium - My son went to HS in Chicago but played there a couple of times. 

The 480-seat Sheridan Stadium at St. Louis University High School was a district winner in the NHSBCA/Profile Field of the Year contest. The natural turf sits adjacent to the football field and track, has a separate bullpen and closed dugouts.

Last edited by HRCJR

I don't know if it's the best, but this is my favorite by far:

http://dev.maxpreps.com/news/a...9f485a6b7&page=6

This is at a home for retired veterans. It's a beautiful old yard with a great atmosphere. We've been there for many games - travel, HS, and summer. The residents always show up to cheer the home team. They know their baseball and sometimes they heckle a bit, which can be amusing, especially for the younger players.  The coolest thing is that after each game the home team, and occasionally the visitors, go in a line  through the stands and shake hands with the vets in attendance. 

BTW beer is available except for HS games.

JCG you must be talking about Borman Field in Yountville! Loved playing there and loved how all the vets are there to support all the teams! So fun! We played there a couple of times! 

As far as places my son has played I will have to ask hubby some of the names. My memory is awful but I remember a couple in the Bay Area that are very nice. 

Son just graduated and is headed to college to play ball. Exciting times! 

I was pretty impressed by the high school stadiums in Clovis, CA (all the public high schools have one, and they all seat about 1500). Here is Buchanan HS:

Related image

Image result for buchanan high school baseball

Buchanan High School Complex

1560 N Minnewawa Ave, Clovis, California 93619

The Buchanan High School Complex is comprised of a 10,000 seat football/track facility, a youth softball complex with 8 fields, a baseball stadium, two gymnasiums, four soccer fields, and 20 tennis courts.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • blobid0
Buckeye 2015 posted:

Lol, I guess I keep forgetting that everyone isn't from a small town like we are and has 25 kids playing baseball.   Cade H.    His brother played with my son on a team in the Toledo area when we were 10U-12U....went to Omaha and Knoxville with them...Cade was a little guy back then lol

Cade, of course.... I know them all very well..... curt, played with my older sons... Cade is a big boy now..... 300 maybe.  football guy as well as baseball

I was thinking about the grass fields in the area where I live but the best fields around seem to be th turf ones. Nice stadiums with well above average facilities and restrooms as well as arena seating and college level concessions and sounds systems. A few really nice turf fields/ stadiums come to mind...but we play at IMG every spring during one of their tournaments and their facility is top notch, of course.

CaCO3Girl posted:
DrUGA Dawg posted:

Lassiter HS, Marietta ,Ga. 

Considering the division yes Lassiter is one of the better ones.  Then again half the schools in that division don't have bathrooms so those are eliminated by default.

Roswell, Walton, Woodstock, Etowah, Cherokee ... which one doesn't have bathrooms? Just curious. I think I've been to all of them as well as Pope. All really beautiful baseball fields. I think maybe Cherokee had their bathrooms closed earlier this summer; I think they have construction going on. Not sure. I actually graduated from Lassiter (a looooong time ago). Lol!

dialedin posted:
CaCO3Girl posted:
DrUGA Dawg posted:

Lassiter HS, Marietta ,Ga. 

Considering the division yes Lassiter is one of the better ones.  Then again half the schools in that division don't have bathrooms so those are eliminated by default.

Roswell, Walton, Woodstock, Etowah, Cherokee ... which one doesn't have bathrooms? Just curious. I think I've been to all of them as well as Pope. All really beautiful baseball fields. I think maybe Cherokee had their bathrooms closed earlier this summer; I think they have construction going on. Not sure. I actually graduated from Lassiter (a looooong time ago). Lol!

I know for sure Etowah and woodstock only have Portapotties. That was the running joke. Two schools, only two miles apart, play for the state championship 50 miles away and everyone was okay with it because at least they had bathrooms there!

Not sure that this qualifies but the LaRoche Baseball Complex/Dave Regan Stadium in Ft. Scott, KS is home to the Ft. Scott Tigers (local high school). Adam LaRoche funded the project. It is not on campus but it is their home field. We were there for a baseball tourney last week. Absolutely awesome facilities! Even have large rotating fans built in to dugouts.

Image result for adam laroche baseball complex fans in dugout

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.