Skip to main content

Looking for info on Showball day 2 for pitchers. Website states that they will pitch in 2 games on day 2. Any idea if it is done by inning or pitch count? Not a big fan of him throwing twice in one day but this is our first experience with this type of schedule. Thanks in advance.

"Baseball is more then a game. It's like life played out on a field." - Juliana Hatfield

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

2017 did Showball last Fall.  But he was a two-way player, so our experience may have been different than PO's. 

As I recall, it is based on a set number of batters per inning.  I think the count even begins 1-1.  Showball is all about rushing in and out and moving the exhibitions along to maximize ABs in a tight game timeframe.  If anything, it seemed too rushed to me, and in my son's two innings he may have thrown 15 pitches max in his game.  Two-way players only got one game to pitch.  But if your son is PO, getting two different games is preferred, as different coaches and scouts are at different sites so this increases his exposure.  Good luck.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.