Skip to main content

baseballmom posted:

I'l repeat, as nicely as possible, since you admit you are one who professes you "come to learn"...Hoping this time you'll get it...

baseballmom posted:

Caco gal, your snide remarks & attempts to pick fights is totally uncalled for. Do the right thing...delete the above. Then, learn that you have a choice to ignore some posts, threads, subjects. 

The point(s) that you do continually make is that you simply do not know what you are talking about concerning the recruiting process, the way Milb or MLB works, proper pitching processes, etc, etc, etc. 

It's a "good thing" to walk on by some posts...It's not a good thing to pick fights & argue something that you're still learning about, namely baseball!

And here is my confusion....I'm here to learn and to poke at the status quo to ask why and then why and then why not this?  Adbono and I had a great discussion in my opinion we came to a resolution.  He had his say, I had mine, it ended well.  Everything was fine until the proverbial Molotov Cocktail was thrown.

This site is about learning and educating.  I know nothing about MLB, a bit about MiLB, a bit more on recruiting and a decent amount about 80 mph pitching, and I think the elbow matters more than all of the other stuff. Perhaps I'm the only one in the world with that opinion but it's mine to have.

How many times has the baseball world changed their hard beliefs about icing, running, lactic acid, and the mother of all "no THIS is what really causes the arm to be overtaxed resulting in TJ surgery". 

We are all learning, there is no ONE way, there are multiple answers and paths, and if the baseball world stops asking questions and arguing hypotheses we will stagnate.

1. Adbono corrected your error in thinking. 

2. I've corrected your errors on MLB or Milb players being able to "choose another team"...

3. Corrected your error on no choice for D-1 cut player.

4. If you want to believe "elbow position" is  more important than the foundation on which pitching is built/executed, you are unteachable/uncoachable, & will remain ignorant. A ball player with this attitude would be sent packing. 

5. No one said anything about "hard beliefs".

6. Delete your other post, IT IS NOT HELPFUL! 

Try being coachable. It might earn you some respect. Ask & read, study before you make silly bombastic posts, insulting posts to folks that have walked the path thru college, CWS, Milb & beyond for nearly 20 years. 

Last edited by baseballmom
SanDiegoRealist posted:

I was at the Yankees/Red Sox game and have enjoyed the street fight. It was better than the game, but Benetendi had a big game.

Oh, man are you a red sox fan??   Sevi really got roughed up a bit! 

So, how was the popcorn?  I can't tell you how that got me laughing! Thanks!! 

baseballmom posted:

1. Adbono corrected your error in thinking. 

2. I've corrected your errors on MLB or Milb players being able to "choose another team"...

3. Corrected your error on no choice for D-1 cut player.

4. If you want to believe "elbow position" is  more important than the foundation on which pitching is built/executed, you are unteachable/coachable, & will remain ignorant. A ball player with this attitude would be sent packing. 

5. No one said anything about "hard beliefs".

6. Delete your other post, IT IS NOT HELPFUL! 

Try being coachable. It might earn you some respect. Ask & read, study before you make silly bombastic posts, insulting posts to folks that have walked the path thru college, CWS, Milb & beyond for nearly 20 years. 

I thought about not responding but this will be my last post about this:

1. Albono and I had a conversation, you can't correct someone's opinion.

2. You took the "choose a team" thing the wrong way and I corrected how you misinterpreted my statement in that thread.

3. D1 cut player....no idea what you are talking about on that one.

4. Is elbow position more important for velocity, heck no, is it more important for release point as the OP was asking about, I believe it is.  You do not, I'm not trying to change your mind.

5. The hard beliefs was implied when you talked about proper pitching processes.  "Proper" is a hard belief.

6. I do believe my post was helpful in pointing out what is not helpful.

I'm going to have opinions and questions and debates.  Going with the status quo has not ever been my thing, however, it has made me very successful.  I also don't have to be coachable, I don't have a coach. His dream, his team; and my sons coachabity was a major factor that got him invited to join an amazing team, with a very knowledgeable coach, with very talented kids.  He's coachable, humble, and a good teammate. So far, so good.

Last edited by CaCO3Girl
baseballmom posted:

Like most things in life, we have to be able to separate the wheat from the chaff. I trust most of the folks here on hsbbweb can discern flame bait. 

You are absolutely correct about separating the wheat from the chaff.

There is something scary going on here. Wrong information is being given frequently on some subjects.

For new Webster's, don't let anyone tell you to be afraid to ask questions. Legit questions count. If you are unsure you can send a pm to someone you can relate to, but understand that anyone who has not been through the process before, not a coach, not an instructor, etc. will only be giving opinions not necessary good and correct information.

And more importantly, Google works, you can type in any question, and get a variety of good answers that are correct. This kind of gives you an idea on where to start when asking questions.

TPM

Edit

Members should update their profiles, so that new members are aware of who they are getting advise from.

Last edited by TPM

I remember TRHit always asked folks to put more in their profile than just something like "bb parent" or "Texas"...for this exact purpose. There are many who really do seek to learn & as a steward of this fantastic site, I also encourage folks to give a bit more detail in their profile! Bob, the Grand PooPah gave us a terrific resource here. Thousands have benefited & will continue. It will help newbies to know who's "passing it on"......or passing gas! 

Stats4Gnats posted:

Jeez! All I wanted to do with the OP was try to point out how minute changes in the release point could affect where the ball ended up. I have no idea why the flamethrowers got brought out, but it sure looks petty when someone can’t express their opinion, good or bad.

Stating inaccurate information is a lot different than offering opinions.

Of course changes in the release point will change the outcome. But once again, it's not the change in the elbow, but rather the shoulder slot at release point.  This pertains to all pitchers, regardless of velocity. 

And I know that you know that.

TPM posted:
Stats4Gnats posted:

Jeez! All I wanted to do with the OP was try to point out how minute changes in the release point could affect where the ball ended up. I have no idea why the flamethrowers got brought out, but it sure looks petty when someone can’t express their opinion, good or bad.

Of course changes in the release point will change the outcome. But once again, it's not the change in the elbow, but rather the shoulder slot at release point.  This pertains to all pitchers, regardless of velocity. 

Who knew there was a 'shoulder slot' in regards to pitching? I always thought it was an 'arm slot' (or angle)? I guess the shoulder has more than one 'slot or angle' from which to perform it's functions in the mechanics of pitching?

Guess you can learn something new here everyday, from the "experts"....

Are you a coach, instructor or is 'shoulder slot' just an opinion or yours?

Last edited by DesertDuck
TPM posted:
baseballmom posted:

Like most things in life, we have to be able to separate the wheat from the chaff. I trust most of the folks here on hsbbweb can discern flame bait. 

You are absolutely correct about separating the wheat from the chaff.

There is something scary going on here. Wrong information is being given frequently on some subjects.

For new Webster's, don't let anyone tell you to be afraid to ask questions. Legit questions count. If you are unsure you can send a pm to someone you can relate to, but understand that anyone who has not been through the process before, not a coach, not an instructor, etc. will only be giving opinions not necessary good and correct information.

And more importantly, Google works, you can type in any question, and get a variety of good answers that are correct. This kind of gives you an idea on where to start when asking questions.

TPM

Edit

Members should update their profiles, so that new members are aware of who they are getting advise from.

Great point. I just updated mine. 

baseballmom posted:
SanDiegoRealist posted:

I was at the Yankees/Red Sox game and have enjoyed the street fight. It was better than the game, but Benetendi had a big game.

Oh, man are you a red sox fan??   Sevi really got roughed up a bit! 

So, how was the popcorn?  I can't tell you how that got me laughing! Thanks!! 

Neither a Red Sox nor a Yankee fan, just had the chance to go since we were in the area. 

DesertDuck posted:
TPM posted:
Stats4Gnats posted:

Who knew there was a 'shoulder slot' in regards to pitching? I always thought it was an 'arm slot' (or angle)? I guess the shoulder has more than one 'slot or angle' from which to perform it's functions in the mechanics of pitching?

Guess you can learn something new here everyday, from the "experts"....

Are you a coach, instructor or is 'shoulder slot' just an opinion or yours?

Sorry for confusion.. The arm slot that is controlled by the shoulder, not the elbow.

This is not an opinion

TPM posted:Stating inaccurate information is a lot different than offering opinions.

I’m gonna make this one response to you.

What I know is, there is no one thing that controls the release point, but rather everything from 1st movement up to release has an effect on it. You think its changes in the shoulder and CACO3GIRL thinks it’s the elbow angle. Well you’re both right in that those things affect the RP, but so do all kinds of other things as well! Delivering a pitch isn’t dependent on just one thing, but rather an entire series of events that work together. The “importance” of all those events isn’t something anyone can rank from most important to least because they’re all connected.

FWIW, that’s my opinion. I respect CACOGIRL’s right to express her opinion and your right to express yours, regardless of whether I think those opinions are right or wrong, and I don’t need to have anyone’s resume to afford them that respect as well.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.