Skip to main content

This Sunday night the MLB Network  will be televising live the PG All American Game from Petco Park in San Diego.  50 of the very best prospects for next years draft.

The game airs at 5:19 on the west coast, 8:19 east coast time.  I hope some of you get a chance to watch the game.

In the 14 year history of this event, 9 of the number one overall draft pick has played in this game.

Here are some interesting facts...

https://www.perfectgame.org/Ar...w.aspx?article=14390

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The velocity readings were accurate.  We were getting the same readings on our guns as the scoreboard, trackman and Television were getting.  In fact with a couple pitchers we actually got one mile higher, including Rocker who we got topping out at 98 mph.

I do think the kids get pumped up and know they are just pitching one inning.  Still many just threw like they usually do.  This is a very good year for pitching.

I've heard people say that the 2018 Draft Class (including of course draft eligible college players) will be one of the best in a long long time.   Certainly looks that way to me, at least in the top end talent.   An MLB team could be picking in the late 1st Round and still get a better player than a Top 10 pick in the 2016 Draft

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.