Skip to main content

As some know, our son started Straight108 primarily to follow the Giants this past year.  That presented challenges he had not expected and lead him to doing a lot of video analysis of different players and pitchers and why they were are were not having success.

Today, he finished an analysis on Jose Altuve. Yup, I am Straights' Dad, but I love this one, absolutely love it.  The side by side photos and video with analysis of each section highlights much of the "why" for the Altuve success. The first photo next to Judge is awesome in so many baseball ways!!!

I am probably going to read this at least 20 times to be able to capture 50% of what our son is seeing in Altuve and the differences being captured compared with other top hitters.

For all of those who are, or are becoming, Altuve fans, I hope you enjoy this:

http://straight108.com/2017/10/11/ja/

'You don't have to be a great player to play in the major leagues, you've got to be a good one every day.'

Last edited by infielddad
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Very well done, I really enjoyed reading Jaon's thoughts.  It would be interesting to know how many more leg kickers there are today vs. ten or twenty years ago.  Might be a reason for all the HRs as well as a reason for all the strike outs.  In Altuve's case I think he actually uses his size as an advantage.  Not sure a tall guy could have the same success with the same approach.

Anyway, we see a lot more leg kickers today than ever before from Big Leagues to Youth Baseball.  And no question that we see more power than ever before.

As much as I like Altuve, he has a team mate that I like even more... Carlos Correa who I believe was 22 years old this year and already one of the best players in the game.

Last edited by PGStaff

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.