Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The only things I remember really was that sons first was ungodly hot and the critique he got from a d3coach said his best baseball was in front of him. I still am not sure if that meant he sucked that day or was a compliment--but it turned out to be true. 

Have fun. Tell him to enjoy it. If baseball is no fun there's no point. 

First one....just tell him to be himself and do what he can do.  Don't push too hard and try to do things he can't or things will go bad and he won't be looking forward to the next one.  If he is a pitcher and throws 82 and the guy before him throws 88, don't try to overthrow to keep up with him and end up throwing pitches that the catcher can't get to.  Same with IF....if the guy before him has a cannon , fine, just concentrate on making good accurate throws.  If he's in  BP group with the Aaron Judge of the showcase, don't try to match his power if your son isn't a power guy....he'll end up popping up all over the place.  Just have fun, enjoy it and use it as a learning tool to know what to expect for the next one.  If things go great, all the better, but if not, that's fine too

Buckeye 2015 posted:

First one....just tell him to be himself and do what he can do.  Don't push too hard and try to do things he can't or things will go bad and he won't be looking forward to the next one.  If he is a pitcher and throws 82 and the guy before him throws 88, don't try to overthrow to keep up with him and end up throwing pitches that the catcher can't get to.  Same with IF....if the guy before him has a cannon , fine, just concentrate on making good accurate throws.  If he's in  BP group with the Aaron Judge of the showcase, don't try to match his power if your son isn't a power guy....he'll end up popping up all over the place.  Just have fun, enjoy it and use it as a learning tool to know what to expect for the next one.  If things go great, all the better, but if not, that's fine too

I think this is all great advice..summed up always best for them to be themselves!!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.