Skip to main content

Chris Taylor is having quite a year for the Dodgers. He is a Cox grad and his Dad used to contribute to this site. Here is a great article about Chris from 2011, it is worth a read again and shows how behind a great player is a lot work. Interesting to read that he never hit a home run in high school.

https://pilotonline.com/sports...5a-a2badcd17130.html

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I just logged on to post pretty much the same thought, and you beat me to it!  Although Kike Hernandez kind of stole the show last night, there was quite a lot of gushing praise for Chris, Jr. during last night's telecast.  Truly a Virginia success story! 

I think it's been over 3 years since the last post from Chris, Sr., but I'm sure he is one proud papa at this point (not that he hasn't always been).  Wonder if he was in Wrigley last night?

Chris was in Physical Therapy this off-season in Virginia Beach and my son had the chance on many occasions to talk with him while they were doing very similar rehabs.  Such a great overall guy. He impressed me as a fielder in high school when I umpired his games but I never thought he would turn into a home run hitter, thought he was more of a gap to gap guy.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.