Skip to main content

In a post PG commented there would be players at Fort Myers who play in the majors some day. Maybe even someone from hsbaseballweb. Who from hsbaseballweb has made the majors? The ones I can think of off the top of my head are ...

Ben Ford

Erik Davis (correction, thanks TPM, I got the name wrong, sorry JB)

Nick Adenhart

Darin Mastroianni

Zack Duke

i believe there are more. I just can’t think of them. 

** The dream is free. Work ethic sold separately. **

Last edited by RJM
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

keewart posted:

I'm pretty sure Tim Melville's dad was on here. 

Yes, Tim Melville, keep them coming!

A lot of these players careers were short lived but it just goes to show you how the numbers can work against you.

But....players are being brought up earlier and earlier, than they were years ago. That's a good thing.

Last edited by TPM

Daniel Ortmeier, debut 2005, son of TxMom, out of Lewisville, Tx. Brother also played Milb. TxMom was one of out first generation, along with Bob Howdesell, the Grand Poopah & Fungo.  http://community.hsbaseballweb...ring=Daniel+Ortmeier

So, a quick search came up with this thread from RJM in 2016...

http://community.hsbaseballweb...49#30438635438806349

And this, from"Where are they Now", back in 2013...

http://www.hsbaseballweb.com/where_are_they.htm

Looks like we need an updated list...

Last edited by baseballmom
keewart posted:

I'm pretty sure Tim Melville's dad was on here. 

Yes Tim Melville's Dad is still on here as he sent me a nice note this summer when our son's faced each other in the Atlantic League.  Sorry for forgetting Preston BaseballMom.

TxMom - I believe her name was Lois was one of my favorite posters of all time.  If anyone knows how to reach her and have her give us an update that would be great.  Some great names from the past have been revived in this thread and they are dearly missed.

Last edited by ClevelandDad
SultanofSwat posted:

The funnel is ruthless - 25 players out of 25,000 members - 0.1%

That's just those that have made posts. Imagine how many have have been "regulars" but without ever posting. Going through the info rich archives of this site, there's plenty to learn and apply without ever needing to posts. I would bet the number would be well into the hundreds for parents of MLB players, who immersed themselves in this website. 

Drewseven posted:
SultanofSwat posted:

The funnel is ruthless - 25 players out of 25,000 members - 0.1%

That's just those that have made posts. Imagine how many have have been "regulars" but without ever posting. Going through the info rich archives of this site, there's plenty to learn and apply without ever needing to posts. I would bet the number would be well into the hundreds for parents of MLB players, who immersed themselves in this website. 

I have been here for a very, very long time and to be honest, there are less and less who even make it to milb. I dont know why that is, but it probably is because its harder a LOT harder than people think that it is. 

Very few of those names you see made it to ML and if they did, it was for pretty brief time.

Sultan was spot on.

I'm sure there are many more, just we don't know who they are .  Maybe it brings up a good point for us parents.  I'm going on a limb here but am going to assume the people who read and contribute to this site do so to be well informed on their son's baseball years, and to help others. We learn from many wise and knowledgeable parents who have been through it, and in many cases it worked.  Even with all these tools and opportunities though the odds are still stacked against you in making the pros.  Maybe it was me but high school and college baseball flew by so fast.  I enjoyed and appreciated every game I attended or listened to.  It was playing for enjoyment and love of the game, not a career yet.  Keep at it though, you never know.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.