Skip to main content

Not a showcase, but let me know if any of you have experience with this camp or others at Richmond.    July 31 - August 2.   A concern is that each kid gets only one game on Wednesday and Thursday.  That leaves a lot of down time.  Thanks 

https://app.certain.com/profil...bcd&varPage=info 

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Both of my sons attended a Spiders baseball "camp" where you spent the night for 4 nights/5 days.  I believe the cost back then was about the same price as this and included room and board (it was a few years ago lol).  They were like 10 and 12. They had fun, but one son's whole travel team attended!

My first thought about this camp was that it IS expensive for 8 hours.....4 hours workout, instruction, coach talk and 2 2-hour games.  Hotel and meals are additional unless you live nearby.  There IS a lot to do in the area, however, in your downtime (Civil war museum, state capitol, Maymont, Carytown, Monument Avenue, Squirrels milb game, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, and  lots of good places to eat.)

Is U of R a place your son would like to attend? (COA is just under $65k per year).  Any of the other colleges attending of interest?  You could tour UR, VCU, Randolph-Macon, William & Mary is 50 miles east, and Mary Washington is 50 miles north. 

Last edited by keewart

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.