Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

howdybaseball posted:

My 2018 is committed to play at the college level. Where do committed players play in summer? Or do they not play in summer, instead rest up before going to college? We are in the Dallas/Fort worth area.

Send me a PM w/ your sons info.  I am GM of a team in a collegiate league in DFW and we can have a few 2018s that are getting ready for college ball. I am working on roster now.

Regardless of where he ends up....summer classes or not, he needs to play somewhere.  Play at the highest level you can....he'll be competing against guys 3-4 years older than him starting next fall....he'll need all the work he can this summer to prepare for that.  If he's a pitcher, make sure he heads into the fall at full strength....ready to throw.  I don't think a lot of people realize that by the end of fall practice the coaches have VERY GOOD idea of what their starting lineup is going to look like the following spring.  Sure, a few things can change over the winter or in the spring, but in most cases, the fall practice determines where you'll be in the spring.   My son didn't have the opportunity to play in a college league the summer after his HS senior year...but I know there are some leagues that will allow it.  If your son can do that without it being too much hassle (travel, expenses, etc) I would highly recommend it...even if he only gets in part of the summer.  The opportunity to see/compete against older kids will be a major advantage to him when it comes time to head to school in the fall

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.