Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The whole point of the Showcase is to help uncommitted kids play college baseball? I've put together a group of small programs, from all over the country, to sign players who aren't being seen, or are good enough to play at larger programs. I am literally helping create opportunities for those, who aren't being recruited, to have a chance at playing college baseball and that is RUDE?!?!?

and yes it is a business, organizing this many colleges, from all over the country, to travel to California, to attend a showcase for uncommitted players is not FREE or easy. Last year 30 players were offered college scholarships as a result of attending this camp. They made there $100 fee back and then some. If you don't see the value and the significance of the event, it's your problem.

CaCO3Girl posted:

Seriously!  With all the members and guests on here that have 2018's that are still not sure if they will be able to play baseball in college....just RUDE!

I am going to take a wild guess and assume she was referring to my post.  We can do this the hard way or the easy way.  So CaCO3Girl can see what my post was referring to, I deleted about six other redundant threads posting the same showcase information so that is what I reacted to.  All we could see on the right side of the forum was a picture of Casey's mug announcing his showcase.  Showcase announcements are allowed on this site but within reason.  I deleted all the redundant threads and left two of them up.  If business people like Casey do not like that policy or members like CaCO3Girl want to quibble with me over it, you are free to go to some other baseball site.  I get paid zero dollars for administering here and almost never get involved unless I see abuse.   

Casey Dill posted:

and yes it is a business, organizing this many colleges, from all over the country, to travel to California, to attend a showcase for uncommitted players is not FREE or easy. Last year 30 players were offered college scholarships as a result of attending this camp. They made there $100 fee back and then some. If you don't see the value and the significance of the event, it's your problem.

If you make a penny off this event you are advertising free of charge. It’s a violation of the terms and conditions of the site. Be a responsible adult and pay for an ad. 

Last edited by RJM
ClevelandDad posted:
CaCO3Girl posted:

Seriously!  With all the members and guests on here that have 2018's that are still not sure if they will be able to play baseball in college....just RUDE!

I am going to take a wild guess and assume she was referring to my post.  We can do this the hard way or the easy way.  So CaCO3Girl can see what my post was referring to, I deleted about six other redundant threads posting the same showcase information so that is what I reacted to.  All we could see on the right side of the forum was a picture of Casey's mug announcing his showcase.  Showcase announcements are allowed on this site but within reason.  I deleted all the redundant threads and left two of them up.  If business people like Casey do not like that policy or members like CaCO3Girl want to quibble with me over it, you are free to go to some other baseball site.  I get paid zero dollars for administering here and almost never get involved unless I see abuse.   

I posted it in threads where it was relevant, the post you deleted was about the Palm Springs Collegiate League and I posted it in 'Summer Teams" 

"Business People" I am a college recruiting coordinator, summer college manager and professional scout. 

Casey Dill posted:
ClevelandDad posted:
CaCO3Girl posted:

I posted it in threads where it was relevant, the post you deleted was about the Palm Springs Collegiate League and I posted it in 'Summer Teams" 

"Business People" I am a college recruiting coordinator, summer college manager and professional scout. 

The rules don’t care if you’re the Queen of England. 

ClevelandDad posted:
CaCO3Girl posted:

Just as a point of information, it looks like you deleted his post about his collegiate summer league looking for players, which is unrelated to the duplicate showcase postings.

RJM posted:
Casey Dill posted:

If you make a penny off this event you are advertising free of charge. It’s a violation of the terms and conditions of the site. Be a responsible adult and pay for an ad. 

You should try to organize the event for free and help 0 athletes. I don't need to pay for an add, I'll help the kids who come, those who do not can help themselves.

Casey Dill posted:
ClevelandDad posted:
CaCO3Girl posted:

Casey this is turning bad quickly.  When you blast the forums like you did, all we see on the latest thread announcements on the right is what you "deem" relevant and everything else is pushed out of the way.  My patience is wearing thin.  In the future, pick the two most relevant forums and post there.  I don't know any clearer way to state the policy. 

ClevelandDad posted:
CaCO3Girl posted:

i thought it was RUDE to post that ALL over the site.  I think of this site as an advice site, not a way for others to make money. There was likely more than one person that thought oh "great for unsigned players"...this could be the thing I've been looking for to help my kid....and then it's another showcase invite. As was mentioned, this site isn't suppose to be about others making money. This isn't a site for "business people" this is a site for help and advice. I get more than enough showcase invites, don't need to see them on here.

RJM posted:
Casey Dill posted:
ClevelandDad posted:
CaCO3Girl posted:

I guess you don't understand how qualified I am to actually make a difference in kids playing careers. You have no baseball experience but think you deserve an opinion or you know how things work. This is my own fault for posting in a high school baseball forum.

JCG posted:
ClevelandDad posted:
CaCO3Girl posted:

Just as a point of information, it looks like you deleted his post about his collegiate summer league looking for players, which is unrelated to the duplicate showcase postings.

Oh well.  All I know is when I looked in on the forums, all I saw were a bunch of pictures of Casey.  Casey - if you want to re-post your summer league item please do.  At this point, maybe wait until your other threads have run their course for a day or so and thus, you will have maximum impact when you make the summer league announcement.

ClevelandDad posted:
Casey Dill posted:
ClevelandDad posted:
CaCO3Girl posted:

Casey this is turning bad quickly.  When you blast the forums like you did, all we see on the latest thread announcements on the right is what you "deem" relevant and everything else is pushed out of the way.  My patience is wearing thin.  In the future, pick the two most relevant forums and post there.  I don't know any clearer way to state the policy. 

Just delete all of them. 

CaCO3Girl posted:
ClevelandDad posted:
CaCO3Girl posted:

i thought it was RUDE to post that ALL over the site.  I think of this site as an advice site, not a way for others to make money. There was likely more than one person that thought oh "great for unsigned players"...this could be the thing I've been looking for to help my kid....and then it's another showcase invite. As was mentioned, this site isn't suppose to be about others making money. This isn't a site for "business people" this is a site for help and advice. I get more than enough showcase invites, don't need to see them on here.

Maybe take a look at why your son isn't committed? I'm not wasting any more time on this one.

Before things go too far... lots of people have posted about travel teams, showcases, and other types of paid events and services without running afoul of the admins or the users here. 

CD said it was the repetition that caused him to take action.   

The way the forum software works, the site shows you the latest posts in all forums when you enter the site.

For that reason, posts don't  need to be added to every possible appropriate forum, and when they  are put into multiple locations it looks like the site is being spammed.

JCG posted:

Before things go too far... lots of people have posted about travel teams, showcases, and other types of paid events and services without running afoul of the admins or the users here. 

The way the forum software works, the site shows you the latest posts in all forums when you enter the site.

For that reason, posts don't  need to be added to every possible appropriate forum, and when they  are put into multiple locations it looks like the site is being spammed.

Now that makes sense. Thank you.

JCG posted:

Exactly - a perfect statement of the policy.  Thank you kindly JCG.

Casey Dill posted:
ClevelandDad posted:
Casey Dill posted:
ClevelandDad posted:
CaCO3Girl posted:

Just delete all of them. 

CaCO3Girl posted:
ClevelandDad posted:
CaCO3Girl posted:

Maybe take a look at why your son isn't committed? I'm not wasting any more time on this one.

I've been getting showcase invites since he was in 7th grade....he's not suppose to be committed....but thank you for the observation.

Have a good day, ba-bye

ClevelandDad posted:
JCG posted:
ClevelandDad posted:
CaCO3Girl posted:

Oh well.  All I know is when I looked in on the forums, all I saw were a bunch of pictures of Casey.  Casey - if you want to re-post your summer league item please do.  At this point, maybe wait until your other threads have run their course for a day or so and thus, you will have maximum impact when you make the summer league announcement.

I'm good. Thanks.

Casey Dill posted:
ClevelandDad posted:
Casey Dill posted:
ClevelandDad posted:
CaCO3Girl posted:

Just delete all of them. 

CaCO3Girl posted:
ClevelandDad posted:
CaCO3Girl posted:

You definitely sound like a guy that is trying to help kids...

rynoattack posted:
Casey Dill posted:
ClevelandDad posted:
Casey Dill posted:
ClevelandDad posted:
CaCO3Girl posted:

Just delete all of them. 

CaCO3Girl posted:
ClevelandDad posted:
CaCO3Girl posted:

You definitely sound like a guy that is trying to help kids...

I am trying to help kids. Parents and adults that think they know what they're talking about often ruin it for their own kids. I don't have time to help EVERY kid and I can't help a kid I've never seen play. I bring in small schools to recruit guys who aren't being recruited by big colleges. NAIA and D3 make up 75% of all college baseball players, but players don't know how to be seen by these schools. Small schools don't have budgets to travel every where to recruit kids. They occasionally attend events like this and that's where they sign kids. 34 guys signed from this event last year, I HELPED 34 kids continue to play college baseball. Not wasting any more time on this one either.

Casey Dill posted:
RJM posted:
Casey Dill posted:
ClevelandDad posted:
CaCO3Girl posted:

I guess you don't understand how qualified I am to actually make a difference in kids playing careers. You have no baseball experience but think you deserve an opinion or you know how things work. This is my own fault for posting in a high school baseball forum.

I don’t care if you’re freak’n God. You come across like you think you are God’s gift to baseball. You’re in violation of the terms and conditions of the site. This site is not here for your free advertising and personal gain.  And yes, I do have baseball experience as a player, coach and parent. 

Casey Dill posted:
ClevelandDad posted:
Casey Dill posted:
ClevelandDad posted:
CaCO3Girl posted:

Just delete all of them. 

CaCO3Girl posted:
ClevelandDad posted:
CaCO3Girl posted:

Why would you want to personally attack the mother of a fourteen year old? It says something about your character. Or should I say, lack of character. 

Casey....without even getting into the argument that's been going on here, I will just say that it's highly unlikely that any parent reading this thread will very likely make sure his/her son never has anything to do with any team you're associated with.  Sorry, but as the parent of a D1 pitcher, everything you've posted makes you come off like you are saying "hey all you stupid parents, your kid won't play college unless he knows someone like me".    I don't know you personally, but to come on a "national" website like this at the busiest time of the year and act like a spoiled 13 year old when you don't get your way is just a bad look.   Good luck in the future....it just likely won't include the kid(s) of anyone who's read this thread

I don't know about that. The guy got defensive when 2 users went off on him with IMO scant provocation. That doesn't make him a villain.  If you look at the roster of his summer team (Palm Springs Power) and how successful its been, I think there are a lot of parents who would be more than happy to have their sons play for him.

JCG posted:

I don't know about that. The guy got defensive when 2 users went off on him with IMO scant provocation. That doesn't make him a villain.  If you look at the roster of his summer team (Palm Springs Power) and how successful its been, I think there are a lot of parents who would be more than happy to have their sons play for him.

I agree with Buckeye, apparently so do others.

If Casey Dill did his homework he might have realized that most here are not a bunch of stupid folks and how many help for FREE. 

Also, when you do join any site, you have to agree to abide by the rules of the site, which in this case is no spam, posting a website or email address, NOT in a post.

A very simple apology would have been in order to CD. The remark to Brittany was uncalled for. If he says he is a professional, act like one.

JMO

I agree that a simple apology to CD was in order.   However, as an admin CD had the situation easily in hand, so piling on by members was unnecessary.  There can be a hive mentality on this  board, and newbies who rankle can be run out of here in a hurry. Usually that's a good thing, but sometimes it's not. Speaking of doing homework, with PGStaff rarely contributing these days, and JH long gone, how many professional scouts do we have here?  Any? Maybe Casey wouldn't have stuck around to answer questions or helped anyone with advice, but we'll never know, because folks didn't stop to find out before chasing him away.

Just MO and I'm very much okay with you or anyone else disagreeing.

BTW, nice to see you and CaCoGirl on the same side for a change!

JCG,

Casey wasnt a newbie he was here last year ( you remember right) about the same thing.  He never came back after that to answer any questions posted so please lets not go there. Casey came for one thing, business. I have no issue with that but rather with his comments made to others.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.