Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

KilroyJ posted:

Son is crossing his fingers! He got last year's (White Sox) on 5/17, he was a freshman then so not sure if that makes him more likely to get another invite or not...

In general, I think making it last year improves one's chances for this year too.

For my 2021, first he needs to make one of the Travel Teams that tends to feed into Area Code and then work to perhaps get invited to the 2018 or 2019 events.  First things first, he realizes that.

Good luck to everyone who has a shot this year.  It is a great opportunity!

Texas 2 Sons posted:
free=good posted:

Son got his for the Rangers a couple weeks ago. Looking forward to the experience for him.  I don't quite think he understands what an honor it is just to be invited to the tryouts. 

Just curious, was this for the upper or underclass tryout? My 2019 is still waiting on his underclass invite for the Rangers.

Underclass. Good luck, hope they are still sending them and your son's is on the way. 

c2019 posted:

My son was there also he went as a catcher and outfield . Like you said tons of schools in scouts .FYI if you were there a little early and saw the outfield you throw, FYI if you were there a little early and saw the outfielders  throw ,my son was the one who threw from right field into the parking lot LOL 

I was not there early, but now I wish I had been!

My son did not get one. He was disappointed. It did seem strange since he got one last year for underclass and did well, had a PG National invite and was one of few in the region to get an MLB-PDP invite, where he also did exceptionally well. He'll live, but it would have been nice.

Note: several recruiters asked if he would be at the Phoenix or Las Vegas tryouts and he had to tell them he didn't get an invite. It was a little awkward for him since they had just assumed it. 

Last edited by roothog66
bacdorslider posted:

When do they post the rosters ?

My 2019 son was at the Rangers Underclass tryouts last week and was told they would call those that made it between June 28-30...no call means you didn't make it.  The waiting is killing me!

That said, just doing well at the tryout has really accelerated his recruitment.  He'd had a some preliminary conversations with a couple of D1 schools but since the tryouts has been contacted by 4 additional D1 schools, including a CWS participant this year and another school ranked in the top 10 most of the year.

Area Code tryouts and ECP tryouts will always bring a lot of RC's and scouts ... the actual AC and ECP events , will bring some RC's but mostly scouts.... most of the players selected to attend the events have long been committed and these are 2018 draft events.

But its all good, if you have not committed and the RC's are there, then they are still looking for players in the class.

Consultant posted:

Since 1987 when I started the Area Code games, we had the pro scouts and college coaches at every tryout. The players did not pay. Listen to the veteran pro scouts, my friends. The 6th tool is always existing in the mind of the scout. http://www.sandiegouniontribun...outs-0610-story.html

Question: can you define it? Scout this tool?

Bob

Great article Bob.  Andrew had a great time at the tryouts today, it was pretty cool to see all the scouts of all ages, sizes, and looks.

Consultant posted:

Since 1987 when I started the Area Code games, we had the pro scouts and college coaches at every tryout. The players did not pay. Listen to the veteran pro scouts, my friends. The 6th tool is always existing in the mind of the scout. http://www.sandiegouniontribun...outs-0610-story.html

Question: can you define it? Scout this tool?

Bob

Consultant ,

there were 3 scouts,  on feild evaluators that didn't have Radars just clip boards . They did have stop watches . Even when the pitchers came to pitch one scout stood on the side on a chair and his clip board with no gun 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.