Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

If it was April 1st I would laugh and think this is funny!  It's April 6th....so it's not funny, but it's got to be a Joke.  It can't be real.  55 college inquiries in the first 7 hours for one of the kids in the "testamonials" section.   Please don't anyone fall for this and send them money.....there is absolutely no way that cartoonish website is run by a credible organization that will actually help your kids get college looks.

Can you tell us why its the best service?  What do you get for your $250?  The website is all hype and no real data is presented.  What does 99% report interest mean?  Camp invites?  What is the percentage of athletes who had no interest before signing up who ended up with scholarships?  What do you do that I can not do myself?   According to your testimonials folks are getting offers sight unseen within 2 days of just signing up on your website.  Can you prove it and show me how that is possible?

fenwaysouth posted:

Excellent!  Does UnderRecruitedPreps take Green Stamps?

Does anyone still give those out?  I'm only in my 40's, but I remember my grandmother religiously putting stamps in those books.  Actually had an S&H redemption store next to where my mother worked.

Just another thing our kids will never have the joy of experiencing...

I am the youngest of 5 children.  I remember looking through the catalog knowing that I, as the youngest, would never get to pick anything out.  If I remember correctly, my dad did get a really nice baseball glove once.  I guess the equivalent today would be credit card rewards.

Could be some kids got recruited for DIII football sight unseen - only real requirement is that you get admitted and pay full tuition while you live out your dream as a college football player.  Read an article several months back about some schools actually reinstating football in the hopes of attracting male students who could foot the tuition bill.

Wow, green stamps.  Showing my age here and my addiction to the Brady Bunch.   Does anyone else remember when the Brady kids collected stamps....then got in the big fight over whether they should get a canoe or a sewing machine??   Girls won the house of cards battle and were going to get the sewing machine??

Quiz time:

1) how did the girls win??

2) what did they end up getting??

Winner gets to share Nerd of the Day award with me for knowing this

I hope I don't get in trouble for hijacking this thread and turning it into a 70's TV show thread

Last edited by Buckeye 2015
Buzzard05 posted:

Wasn't Greg a pitcher?  I think Don Drysdale might have been on the show.  The first base thing was when he was a photographer and got a photo of a missed call or something.

Pitcher...and bonus for Don Drysdale.  His photography gig was with the football team....he got a photo of the foot inbounds....even though the refs called it incomplete. 

Yes, football...Namath was on the show.  Greg was a QB....what came up missing and where did it go??   Hint: Marcia had something to do with it...kinda

Last edited by Buckeye 2015

It's amazing some people are so generous and kind hearted. They seek out this site just to tell us about a great recruiting website ther son used. I think John's real name is Charlie.

Will he ever return? No he'll never return. And his fate is still unknown. He made forever ' neath the streets of Boston. He's the man that never returns.

Last edited by RJM

While speaking at a Q&A in front of 400 +/- sets of parents at and Orlando Scorpions Tryout/Camp, University of Florida Head Baseball Coach Kevin O'Sullivan was asked, "Coach, what recruiting service do you recommend?"

He responded, "Honestly, we have never used a recruiting services to get players..." He then turned around to the 30 other D-1 & D-2 coaches sitting behind him, and asked, "Do any of you guys?" 

All the coaches shook their head no...

"So, save your money, folks...", he continued...

Bolts-Coach-PR posted:

While speaking at a Q&A in front of 400 +/- sets of parents at and Orlando Scorpions Tryout/Camp, University of Florida Head Baseball Coach Kevin O'Sullivan was asked, "Coach, what recruiting service do you recommend?"

He responded, "Honestly, we have never used a recruiting services to get players..." He then turned around to the 30 other D-1 & D-2 coaches sitting behind him, and asked, "Do any of you guys?" 

All the coaches shook their head no...

"So, save your money, folks...", he continued...

Can we post this on a "must read" spot somewhere?

While our recruiting footprint is a little different than UF, we'll occasionally use NSCA and some other regionally based groups and it's only to add kids to our database. For the most part, these websites are absolute shams and are simply scamming kids out of their money when they could accomplish the same exact thing by simply emailing RCs with their information.

highheat15 posted

For the most part, these websites are absolute shams and are simply scamming kids out of their money when they could accomplish the same exact thing by simply emailing RCs with their information.

This is what is experienced parents/posters on this site have been saying for years. A kid would be better served coming to this site and posting "Please help me with recruiting."

i know a dad who used his two kid's reputation as players to start a $1,000 per client recruiting  advising service. A friend got sucked in even though I warned her. Three months later she said, "Your advice is just as good and free. Plus you're more likely to answer your phone."

I told her I had been through it with my daughter and (then) going through it with my son. If I don't know the answer there's a website I post your question. More than one person will have a good response.

I have found the Tim's Under Recruited Flame Throwers has the best success in finding homes for those that can "really throw the heat" if you know what I mean!

Don't mess around with these other programs!  Come to Tim's and find the Holy Grail of recruiting!

We have a Land of Holy Hand Grenades special going on and for a limited time you can learn to throw real heat as well as learning the art of throwing Holy Hand Grenades. These are particularly useful if you get behind in the count, when you really need to blow the batter away. 

But wait there's more....

If you sign up now you can also learn the art of raising unladen African swallow's - what that has to do with baseball, I have no idea, but it might help if the bull pen phone is down and you can use them to communicate via African Swallow mail.

If you sign up by tomorrow you will also get a copy of Tim's unreleased ebook on  "Awesome Violence and Explosions". This ebook will teach you a few of Tim's secrets which you can use on the other team before the game even starts allowing you to save your Holy Hand Grenades for when you really need them.

Sign up at www.timsUnderRecruitedFlamethrowers.com now and get your 1)Holy Grail of Recruiting. 2)Throwing Holy Hand Grenades 3) Raising African Swallows and last but not least 4) Awesome Violence and Explosions all for $499.99. Order today while supplies last!!!!  

Last edited by TimtheEnchanter
TimtheEnchanter posted:

I have found the Tim's Under Recruited Flame Throwers has the best success in finding homes for those that can "really throw the heat" if you know what I mean!

Don't mess around with these other programs!  Come to Tim's and find the Holy Grail of recruiting!

We have a Land of Holy Hand Grenades special going on and for a limited time you can learn to throw real heat as well as learning the art of throwing Holy Hand Grenades. These are particularly useful if you get behind in the count, when you really need to blow the batter away. 

But wait there's more....

If you sign up now you can also learn the art of raising unladen African swallow's - what that has to do with baseball, I have no idea, but it might help if the bull pen phone is down and you can use them to communicate via African Swallow mail.

If you sign up by tomorrow you will also get a copy of Tim's unreleased ebook on  "Awesome Violence and Explosions". This ebook will teach you a few of Tim's secrets which you can use on the other team before the game even starts allowing you to save your Holy Hand Grenades for when you really need them.

Sign up at www.timsUnderRecruitedFlamethrowers.com now and get your 1)Holy Grail of Recruiting. 2)Throwing Holy Hand Grenades 3) Raising African Swallows and last but not least 4) Awesome Violence and Explosions all for $499.99. Order today while supplies last!!!!  

Sounds great !   But link is broken.  Can you please repost it!   Do you take American Express ? 

Last edited by pabaseballdad
nothingtodust posted:

I'm still wondering what Greg lost? Are you referring to the episode where he stole,  and then subsequently lost, the other team's mascot (Raquel the goat)?  Do I get bonus points for knowing the goat's name?  

Marcia's "boyfriend" stole Greg's football playbook...not knowing Greg had made up a bunch of fake plays. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.