Skip to main content

Ok ladies, I nearly resurrected the "getting white pants clean" thread, but I thought I'd start a new one instead. Has anyone had any luck getting brick dust out of white pants? The parents on catcher #1's team were all talking and we have tried: Tide, shout, spray and wash dual action, oxy type cleaners, clorox 2, cascade, and lots of scrubbing but are still having a hard time with the last traces of stain on these pants. We are contemplating using Rit dye remover on them and I thought I would see what all of the other mothers here have tried and if anything is successful (and hopefully easy. As always, thanks so much for the input!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I use AWESOME it is found in dollar stores it is a spray I have had great success with it works great on white leather sneakers, washed stained chocolate stain and of coarse great on white baseball pants also great for the top of the washing machine that you have to scrub to get the excess soap off. If you can't find it let me know I'll pick it up for you and ship it to you.
I hope I can find the "Awesome" stuff also. Did you know that if you wash gray pants with enough bleach and other stain removers, mixed with "baked on and caked on" red dirt clay, the pants will turn a pretty shade of pink? My son was not too impressed, but I sure had a good laugh picturing him on the field in those pretty shade of pink pants. Glad he had an extra pair for the next day.
Fels Naptha can be found at many local grocery stores. I'd never heard of it before until I read about it on this site but it works great. Just like Beezer said, wet the stain, rub it on and use a little elbow grease. I've even gotten out stains that have been dried in. I bought bars for many moms on our team. Good luck!
I also use Fels Naptha on the white pants...it was recommended on this forum previously. I spray the pants with the garden hose as soon as we get them home, rub the bar soap into the stains (pretty much the whole pair of pants--son is a catcher!) and then use a scrub brush. After that, I throw them in the washing machine. It works better than anything else I have tried, even on our southern red mud! I ordered the Fels Naptha online, but I have seen it since in some grocery stores.
We ordered from Mast General Store. Kroger had it in our area, no longer stocks it.

I don't like getting it on my hands so use gloves. I have to admire pudgemom31's dedication! If I had a catcher, pants wouldn't come in the house either. Smile Since my son isn't a catcher he throws his pants in the bath tub once he is done. Then I go in with the soap.
Wow! I posted last night right before I went to bed and today I am full of responses! I love this place!

I am going to try the Fels Naptha, I have some here and I hadn't tried it yet. I also am going to try Borax and AWESOME as soon as I can find it.

Beez--my apologies....I certainly didn't mean to exclude the men who bravely enter here. : )

Louisiana09--my son is a big sweat monster too. His uniforms are completely disgusting when he gets off of the field.

Pudgemom31--I feel your pain with scrubbing the whole pair of pants......

55mom--I LOVE the idea of new pants every game!!!
quote:
Originally posted by mom of 2 catchers:
I am going to try the Fels Naptha, I have some here and I hadn't tried it yet. I also am going to try Borax and AWESOME as soon as I can find it.

Beez--my apologies....I certainly didn't mean to exclude the men who bravely enter here. : )

Mom - I'm thinking that if you try the Fels Naptha methods that I and others mentioned, you wont need to find/try Borax or AWESOME...you'll have clean white pants. Search on here for "Fels Naptha" and you'll find another discussion where I mentioned the great lengths I went through to get red clay stains out of a pair of game pants. Then I tried the Fels Naptha and ....VIOLA....white again!

And no slight taken. Wink
Last edited by Beezer
Catcher Moms, MO Moms. Well, I'm the former, born and raised in STL, so feel right at home.

Fels Naptha is wonderful, and you get the added bonus of feeling as if you've just time-traveled back to 1955.

The orange-y in the field clay and the bricks comes fromt the iron content. I found soaking the pants in a solution of Iron Out was extremely helpful.

But catcher's pants will never look like the OFers'.....

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.