Skip to main content

Anyone with experience with the "C Flap" face protection attachment for helmets?

Any issues with lack of vision or issues tracking a ball?  I see more & more MLB players using them, and youth players, too.   Seems like a no brainer if it can help prevent a terrible injury.  Just thought I'd see what the consensus here is.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

My concern is what will happen when someone points out that the non manufacturer addition of the C-flap invalidates the NOCSAE approval of the helmet. And/or the addition of the c-flap by the end user invalidates any expressed warranty from the manufacturer.

In reading some of the reviews of the Markwort C-flap sold in many big sporting goods stores, difficulty in attaching the c-flap lead some to have to drill multiple holes in the helmet shell. And that the C-flaps are not "one size fits all".........leading to some helmet types not being able to fit an aftermarket c-flap at all..... 

I can see manufacturers offerings for next season may include helmets with a integral c-flap molded into the shell or factory attached to pass NOCSAE standards.    

piaa_ump posted:

My concern is what will happen when someone points out that the non manufacturer addition of the C-flap invalidates the NOCSAE approval of the helmet. And/or the addition of the c-flap by the end user invalidates any expressed warranty from the manufacturer.

In reading some of the reviews of the Markwort C-flap sold in many big sporting goods stores, difficulty in attaching the c-flap lead some to have to drill multiple holes in the helmet shell. And that the C-flaps are not "one size fits all".........leading to some helmet types not being able to fit an aftermarket c-flap at all..... 

I can see manufacturers offerings for next season may include helmets with a integral c-flap molded into the shell or factory attached to pass NOCSAE standards.    

I would welcome an integrated approach. Very surprised someone has not taken the lead on this yet. 

The LSU kid's flap is great. When I saw that one, I actually thought about doing some research on it to see if it's mass produced. Sound like it isn't...yet.

I imagine this is a huge growth market for helmet manufacturers and it won't be long until we see every manufacturer offering one that won't potentially invalidate the helmet warranties. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.