Skip to main content

Just finished reading PBR Plus news in their recruiting essentials section. If you have a Plus subscription, here is link: 2018 Commitment Trends

Great read for those that have 2018 or even 2019 players who have not committed. As I have said on here many times, it is not too late for 2018's. Yes, there are definitely fewer opportunities, especially with Power 5 or elite D1 programs, but 2018 players still have plenty of options. I don't want to get in trouble by giving too many specifics from a paid article but I will share that as of middle of November, the estimated number of players yet to commit, who will eventually find a home, was just over 40%.

Keep the faith and keep reaching out to schools at all levels of play that might be a good fit. Wishing all uncommitted 2018's the best over the next 6 months!!!!

"Baseball is more then a game. It's like life played out on a field." - Juliana Hatfield

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Good info. Thanks for posting. Too bad it's behind a paywall.

On my son's HS team, 3 2018's have verbally committed to schools this past month alone (D2, D3 and a juco). For a decent player, there's almost always a place to play if you want to continue playing ball.

Slightly off topic . . . . Have you found the PBR Plus subscription to have value? If so, in what way? I've debated subscribing on behalf of my 2019, but haven't been able to pull the trigger as yet as it seems additive to a PG subscription.

That was a neat artical. Especially how big a % of 2018's committed after August. I get so tired of hearing how my 2019 should be committed by now. It's good to have some statistics to back how silly that is. To me that artical shows that for most players the summer between junior and senior year is still the most important and not the summer between sophomore and junior years. 

Last edited by Scotty83
trchala posted:

On my son's HS team, 3 2018's have verbally committed to schools this past month alone (D2, D3 and a juco). For a decent player, there's almost always a place to play if you want to continue playing ball.

Slightly off topic . . . . Have you found the PBR Plus subscription to have value? If so, in what way? I've debated subscribing on behalf of my 2019, but haven't been able to pull the trigger as yet as it seems additive to a PG subscription.

It depends on what you want out of it and with PBR it depends on what state your in. For me it provides a lot of info on in state players. Much more so than PG. Especially the lower D1/D2 level players. 

trchala posted:

I thought it was worthwhile to see where my son stacked up against in state competition. We also did more PBR events that Perfect Game, just because they tended to be more affordable. I wanted to be able to see all the video, comments, etc. I guess to me, PBR was a little smaller, which fit with what my son was doing for recruiting (smaller D1s, etc), rather than PG, which seemed much higher level.

Scotty83 posted:

That was a neat artical. Especially how big a % of 2018's committed after August. I get so tired of hearing how my 2019 should be committed by now. It's good to have some statistics to back how silly that is. To me that artical shows that for most players summer between junior and senior year is still the most important an not summer between sophomore and junior years. 

My 2018 committed to a Power 5 in September of this year. They had seen him a lot, but he made huge gains in strength and FB speed and added a nasty slider over the summer. If he had committed the year before (and he could have) he'd be going to a good school, but not the dream school. 

trchala posted:

Definitely has value IMO. As has already been noted, it is a great resource when you are interested in what is happening locally with high school baseball. I am sure it varies from state to state but I have found the Colorado site to be worth the $ spent. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.