Skip to main content

Good luck.  You'll have a lot of fun.  The format is like many showcases.  The first morning is orientation drill work. After lunch you will be assigned to the team you will be playing with for the two days.  There are two games first day two second day.  Prior to the games if you are a position player you will be evaluated on 60 yard dash, hitting and fielding.  This is done in front of scouts who are watching.  The camp is extremely organized.   Also, there will be a recruiting seminar at some point during a break in the games and it will be very informative for you.

My son is a rising senior and I went with him last year.  He is a pitcher and they are treated differently than position players.  They are pretty much evaluated during the games.  They pitch 2 innings first day (in one game) and again on second day.  There are coaches crawling all over the place.  Email the coaches/recruiting coordinators of the schools your interested in prior to going and tell them you'll be there.  The coaches are very approachable and like telling you about their program.

One thing I do want to warn you about, they will tell you up front that they're concentrating on the 2014 class because they have to fill their rosters.  Don't let that bother you, talk to them and get your name out there.  This got my son a jump on the recruiting process and we're going back this year and he's already had personal contact from a few that saw him there last year.  I hope this helps and best of luck.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.